Technical Punto Temp sender low reading

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Temp sender low reading

hammo

Hi

My Punto Sporting Speedgear temp sender gauge is reading below the quart mark some times its go to the middle sector but not very often, I have change the temp sender unit next to the stat but still reads the shame, any ideas what I need to look at next.

Hammo.:bang:

Maybe thermostat is stuck open causing engine to run much cooler than it should.

if you only do short journeys then its not too difficult to believe that it would rarely get to the half way mark. my girlfriend's mk2 sporting can take a good 10mins to hit the half way mark this time of year if you drive it like a girl and dont allow it to warm up first.

other than that, i agreee thermostat is the most likely option. start the engine when cold and keep checking to see if the hose going from thermostat to radiator is getting warm gradually, instead of suddently getting hot when the thermostat opens. if it gradually gets warm then the thermostat is stuck open. it is an easy job to replace it, and not expensive.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info about the stat, the heater does work fine would you still look at changing the stat.

ANDY

Back