Technical punto tb on cinq

Currently reading:
Technical punto tb on cinq

To answer part of your earlier question Mark is now actively using Nero. That's a 1242 with the punto throttle body, Novitec airbox and its on 14" wheels with a Supersprint backbox. apparently on a 200 mile trip it turned in 38 mpg today.

I read somewhere that a punto [60?] throttle body fits the cinq, and is slightly bigger, would that make it slightly more powerful? would it work with a mckcrich chip [when I get one] and most important at the moment, will it work with standard chip? use more petrol??

38mpg, OUCH! At what speed? My P75 engined Sei was pulling mid-40s on the work trip at 65~70mph when she was the daily.

Right fitted (almost nearly) my 32mm tb, the one i got though doesn't have a pipe to attach the vacuum pipe going up to the airbox on. Now been out to look at my mums punto 60 1242 and it doesn't have the 2 vacuum pipes going to the airbox like my Sei but there is a hole in the tb where it should attach. Confused now, am i supposed to leave that one off (doesn't sound right) or am i supposed to fix this on somehow, i have removed the wee pipe it attached to one the old tb but this is ever so slightly to big for the hole on the 32mm tb? What am i supposed to do now?????

Right, ive swapped the PSA one for a Punto 60 one, but the throttle position sensor is ALL different!

the throttle shaft is metal, and bigger in the punto one, where as the cento one is plastic, and smaller

also, the sensor and connectors themselves are all different too

WTF! :eek:

any ideas what to do?

Back