General punto sx ecu issue

Currently reading:
General punto sx ecu issue

farasatalic

I have fiat punto 188 2001 8v . The mechanic told me to check by re flash Ecm part number 146 . The replacement part is cheaper than remapping Can i replace it straight or I have to some kind of programming in that also

I have fiat punto 188 2001 8v . The mechanic told me to check by re flash Ecm part number 146 . The replacement part is cheaper than remapping Can i replace it straight or I have to some kind of programming in that also
This is not something i know a great deal about but it sounds like he is thinking you might be able to fix an ECU problem by getting the eeprom that stores changeable data reflashed. But this eeprom holds your immobiliser data. The actual eeprom is going to cost about a pound, almost nothing and maybe 50 pounds to be physically soldered into place, but getting it reflashed is going to be much more complicated if the mechanic is suggesting you need a change of data in that eeprom.

What problem are you having that is leading to the mechanic talking about reflashing?

Back