Technical punto steering problems

Currently reading:
Technical punto steering problems

hullmoggy

hi everyone im a newbie to the forum and would like to know if anyone can advise me,the problem i am having with my punto is the city mode has stopped working and i was wondering what fault finding i could do myself before having to resort to taking it into a garage,i couldnt even locate a fuse for it either..any help will be gratly appreciated:confused:

i just got a punto for my daughter, and the power steering is not working,
so i've looked at the threads on here, this is how i think it goes

its an electric power steering,

check the battery volts with engine off need at least 12.5 volts.
check battery voltage at fuse box by steering wheel(i took the plastic cover off the bottom of the steer assembly) get voltage with ignition off and on, volts need to be 12.3.

check the connections to the power steering ecu 9 with plastic cover off in above easy to do)
should be a way to check voltages here but i've not thought about which ones to check, (anyone done this ?)

if the above appear ok, then u need to take car to someone who can get u the codes.

hi ballboy my city mode on my punto has stopped working,where is the ecu sensor located and is there a fuse that is connected to the motor on the steering column?any info will be welcome.

the steering sensors are in the box under the steering wheel lower cover (box has the 4 numbers on it 6607 etc)
don't now if there is a fuse or relay,
search the threads on here and 1 gives a link download the haynes manual,

Back