Technical Punto Sporting Mk2 Road Noise

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Sporting Mk2 Road Noise

Hi,

Does any one else own a mk 2 punto sporting and suffer from realy bad road & wind noise?

Its reli bad, on the motorway going around 90 the noise is terrible even at slower speeds crosswinds seam to wistle through the door seals and around the top of the windscreen/sunroof..

Is this a common fault or am i just being picky...

Alex

I have a MK2 sporting, cant really say that the noise is as bad as you describe. I have noticed a whistling noise recently. Have you checked around all your seals to make sure they aren't split or broken.

Road noise can be excessive depending on the road surface, but I put it down to the tyre compound which appears to be quite hard.

It is on the original tyres at 25,000 miles and still has 4mm on front tyres and 6mm on rear so the compound must be reasonably hard.

No whistling or anything else which could be considered excessive, in fact other than tyre noise I think noise levels are quite acceptable for a small hollow box on wheels.

Good car

Steveo the whistling noise could be because someone fitted a turbo when you weren't looking :)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM I wish someone would fit a turbo to my car wen I wasnt looking!!!:slayer: ............. neways iv checked all my seals and all seams to be OK..... my 2000 reg mk2 has almost coverd 90,000miles so ill just put it down to that...

Cheers!!

Doors could be slightly out of alignment. my car is silent at 110 (bar a loud throughty scream from under the bonnet :D )

Drive a mk1, then you will never complain about the wind noise again.

hey, don't slate mk1's.

the road noise makes it sound like its going faster than it should.

OR even better, add roof bars (see my gallery), then you'll get almighty ROAD noise at just 30 (the bars are actually so stiff they resonate with the road noise :eek: :D ).

I am trying to find some sound insulating material to put inside the wheel archs (glue to the inside of the arch liners to absorb some sound).

Back