Technical Punto s 60 won't start suddenly

Currently reading:
Technical Punto s 60 won't start suddenly

spadge69

Hi,

I have a T-reg Punto s 60 1.2l which was driving fine up until yesterday afternoon. It normally starts first time every time and was still driving problem free yesterday morning. I went back to the car 3 hours later and it wouldnt start. It turns over fine but just wont start. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks

My son used to have a problem with the starting of his 1997 Punto 60. It was always the first start that was the problem. It would bump-start, and once started would re-start.

The problem with his was the injector. If you take off the air filter unit, you'll expose the throttle body. Have someone turn over the engine and see if petrol is being squirted. If not, gently tap the injector (orange bit in the middle) and see if petrol starts to come through.

I managed to get a good injector from a scrap car (which I'd had running prior to removal). Before anyone says that you shouldn't bump-start a car with a catalytic converter, it wasn't a problem as no fuel was being pumped through. The car's always passed the emission test on MOT since.

Hi,

I have a T-reg Punto s 60 1.2l which was driving fine up until yesterday afternoon. It normally starts first time every time and was still driving problem free yesterday morning. I went back to the car 3 hours later and it wouldnt start. It turns over fine but just wont start. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Thanks
I am after been thru the same problem and after trowing a lot of money in to the car i got it fixed yesterday it was the starting motor so get it out get it reconed and away you go goodluck (y)

I am after been thru the same problem and after trowing a lot of money in to the car i got it fixed yesterday it was the starting motor so get it out get it reconed and away you go goodluck (y)

I can't see it being anything to do with the starter motor if it's turning over ok.

im having the same probs too. from what people have told me on hear it is a poss fuel filter/fuel pump problem.

good luck

sounds like there is no fule geting through has it been run dry or nealy has of fule? as it might of sucked some muck through and its cloging the filter up you can get them off ebay for £3.95 free p+p thats how much i got mine for (y)

Try pouring some fuel down the throttle body whilst some one is cranking it over if it fires up on that bit of fuel then you deffo have a fuel problem

Last edited:
It was the crankshaft sensor failing that was the cause! All sorted now and cost £60 to solve issue and replace. You can pick them up £20 - £40 online and is like plugging in a usb cable so I would recommend D.I.Y.ing it you can.
Thanks for all the replies! You guys :slayer:!

Back