Technical Punto RR'd Today

Currently reading:
Technical Punto RR'd Today

title says it all. i always wanted to know what power it puts out, and now i know. :)
I took it to JDM Dyno at kirkbride (about 12 miles from carlisle)

Results? Peak power: 70.1Hp at 5243 RPM, and peak torque: 87 lb/ft at somewhere around 4350 RPM

fairly smooth curves for both the power and torque, as well!

Mods: 75 cam, Mckritch chip, GSR induction kit, and a custom exhaust made by myself, with a stainless Polyzorst backbox, standard cat.

so, the power reading was exactly where i expected it to be.

Ah, well, thats what i did with my saturday :D

now i need a car with more power...

So I assume that is the 1.2 8V Punto 60 engine :D not a bad increase in power....

Obviously a car with more power is the best way to go but insurance always permits.. I got my Punto HGT few weeks back and it is something like £800 Fully Comp with 2 years NCB and im 22 :( but lovely and fast ;) ...

Why not try a Tricker 40mm TB... I use to sware by them when I use to tune Seicento Abarths and with a remap its like a different animal! I think the Standard opening on your TB is either 30mm or 32mm so the difference is big and take it from me VERY noticable and runs sweet with V-Power! Although remap is soooo important as there is throttle lag without! Think they where somewhere around the £100 mark.. Money well spent!!

Cheers

Not bad considering its only got 58 as standard tho surely it would've been cheaper to just buy an 85?...especially as you'd be looking at nearly if not over 100bhp with the mods you've put on (other than the cam obviously)...reminds me must modify mine!...

Was a good couple of hours down there. Was like being at a fiat gaarge down there lol, 2 20vt coupes in, 1 was a freshly built 2.5 with over 450bhp, the other was just getting a larger turbo and new piston in, the brava thats sat round the back with a 20vt lump in for 2 yearrs, my stilo outside and matt's punto on the rollers.

Crappy phone vid, but may as well

Jordan

oh yeah, i foprgot to mention jordan came with me, in fact he got the RR arranged :)
Jonny, the guy there, can do some pretty nice work, i think if i have anything to be mapped i would take it there...

i would get a 40mm TB, but i want another car (getting a 2 litre omega tomorrow cos its cheap). so the era of punto may be over soon, but i want another one for a project still... :D

Last edited:
title says it all. i always wanted to know what power it puts out, and now i know. :)
I took it to JDM Dyno at kirkbride (about 12 miles from carlisle)

Results? Peak power: 70.1Hp at 5243 RPM, and peak torque: 87 lb/ft at somewhere around 4350 RPM

fairly smooth curves for both the power and torque, as well!

Mods: 75 cam, Mckritch chip, GSR induction kit, and a custom exhaust made by myself, with a stainless Polyzorst backbox, standard cat.

so, the power reading was exactly where i expected it to be.

Ah, well, thats what i did with my saturday :D

now i need a car with more power...

Thats good for an exhaust, chip, cam and induction. Always wondered wht the figures would be. Nice one

Back