Technical Punto Revving On Its Own

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Revving On Its Own

SHADYPUNTO

MY PUNTO IS NEARLY 4 YEARS OLD AND ABOUT 5 OR 6 MONTHS AFTER BUYING IT NEW IT STARTING REVVING WHILST I WAS STATIONARY OR IF I WAS IN FIRST GEAR CRAWLING IT WOULD START JUMPING TRYING TO ACELERATE ON ITS OWN,,,,,,,,,LAST YEAR I GOT A SERVICE AND THE COMPUTER WAS TOTALLY WIPED AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE CURED IT BUT WHAT WAS IT AND DOES NAYONE OUT THERE HAVE OR HAD THE SAME PROB ?????? THANKS GUYS X:slayer:

It would either be a vacuum leak from something like headgasket failure in the most extreme case, but more often than not its just the Idle control valve getting stuck (spray carb cleaner in the throttle to fix it).

No big deal.

Moved to Punto section. Why are you shouting? :)
im shouting because i forgot i had the caps lock on and couldnt be bothered to re type it all again cus im a lazy cow lol im too knackered after washing ma bloody car then drying it after it rained grrrrrr lol anyway sorrry il try harder to look at the scren and type....how the hell i passed my test looking through the windscreen and changin gear christ only knows lol lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah its a common MK2 problem, could be down to the throttle position sensor or maybe the ICV as someone has said above needs cleaned, even a crank sensor can cause it there is a few things as you can see, i would take it to a garage, they shouldnt charge you for diagnosing the problem, if you say you want them to fix it in a week or two, then get a quote from them post it back here and someone will able to tell you im sure if its a reasonable price.

Yeah its a common MK2 problem, could be down to the throttle position sensor or maybe the ICV as someone has said above needs cleaned, even a crank sensor can cause it there is a few things as you can see, i would take it to a garage, they shouldnt charge you for diagnosing the problem, if you say you want them to fix it in a week or two, then get a quote from them post it back here and someone will able to tell you im sure if its a reasonable price.
thanks power , if ur aware of it im sure fiat should be aware of it....why the hell did they tell me they didnt know wot it was at the fiat garage when its a problem they prob seem to know about...., grrrr get my goat that does lol

It would either be a vacuum leak from something like headgasket failure in the most extreme case, but more often than not its just the Idle control valve getting stuck (spray carb cleaner in the throttle to fix it).

No big deal.
i would think that too had it not got only 17,000 miles on clock or thereabouts , bleedin elle it only had less than a thousand on it when it started doing it untill its first service last year ,, yep me bad waited 3 years for first service....well it did only have 6 to 8 thousand on clock its doubled in a year and iv no prob since xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mine started reving on it own went to get it checked out and i needed and new head gasket and water pump.

Back