Technical Punto (p reg) problems

Currently reading:
Technical Punto (p reg) problems

padicatz

Hi Guys
I have joined this forum as I need help. I have a Punto, with skirts, alloys etc. My problem is the 'injector' light is on on the dashboard, and the car is running really rough. It sounds awful, like the exhaust has fallen off (but it hasnt) and there is no 'pull' in it, it wont go uphills (living in Sheffield this is a problem, as we are built on 7 of them!!)
Anybody got any ideas?
Someone suggested the spark plugs, but I dont know how to test for that.
I dont want to spend loads on it, as its for sale.
Thanks for your help
Jackie

I'm suppose you're talking about white mk1 from your profile. The injector light is "check engine" signal which obviously means something's wrong with the engine as you can tell :). Anyway i don't wanna talk stuff that i'm not sure about since you gave little information and my knowledge of "technical english" is limited.

It really could be that you're not firing all cylinders. It feals like entire car is shaking violently including gear stick, won't move without pushing to max revs, sounds like a tractor etc. When was the last time you changed spark plugs and cables? If one of plugs is dead then that's the least problem. You should check oil because if one or more cylinders are not firing the fuel injected to them will be flushed down and mixed with it. In that case oil will (logically) smell like gas, won't be thick as needed to lubricate properly which will damage to engine if your drive it like that for long.

Also check... hm... ingition coils? I belive that's the word. Two little boxes on the passenger side (again opposite to what i'm used to :)). It's not uncommon for them to die in which case you're left with only 2 working cylinders. It ain't pleasant belive me ;). I hope i helped you until someone more technical shows up.

Back