Technical Punto Mk2b Ignition Cable For Stereo

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Mk2b Ignition Cable For Stereo

aliosha

Hi everyone,
i ve a fiat Punto mk2b and i ve been trying to replace my old radio Blaupunkt with a new ie Geek K302.
The first problem i faced was switching one the new radio with the current ISO wiring. Since the new ie Geek K302 connector is provided with a yellow power cable (constant power from the battery) and an orange one (connected with the car ignition), i eventually found the right connection using the lighter fuse and power splitter.
In short i used the same solution like in the youtube video named:
Fiat Punto Stereo Wiring Modification

watch?v=g6L-wUDbihw&feature=emb_title

My current problem left which keeps me with my car dashoboard still open since days is: placing the cable inside the dashboard making it to run from the fuse box right under the steer wheel and accross the central dashboard the way it can come out from the radio box.
I tried to follow the same path of the existing cables but i m not managing.

So i would like to receive some help knowing
1)what tools i should use
2) what part of the dashboard i have to unmount the way to have access to the right path
3) is there any tutorial showing how to do it?

Thanks a lot for you help. Much appreciated.

I did this on my UK Punto. I took the steering wheel shroud off, it was just 2 or 3 screws. I was then able to work the wire through the radio box hole in the top of the dashboard and down under the dashboard dials until it became visible by the steering column. I was then able to route it around the steering column to the fuse box. I used cable ties to tie that wire to the existing wiring to keep it out of the way.

This guide helped me

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-mk2-2b-guides/315587-mk2b-stereo-wiring-help.html

Last edited:
I did this on my UK Punto. I took the steering wheel shroud off, it was just 2 or 3 screws. I was then able to work the wire through the radio box hole in the top of the dashboard and down under the dashboard dials until it became visible by the steering column. I was then able to route it around the steering column to the fuse box. I used cable ties to tie that wire to the existing wiring to keep it out of the way.

This guide helped me
Hello and thank you for your reply.
Can i know how did you manage to work wire through the stereo box hole down under the dashboard dial till it became visible under the steering wheel? i m stuck on that part. Once you were inside the stereo box hole... where did you insert the new wire? right? left? do you have any picture showing me how to go through it?
Much appreciated your help.
Thank you

Well, I don't own the car anymore. If I remember correctly I just pushed the wire from the radio hole down towards where the fuse box is until it came out and I could pull it through. It didn't take a huge amount of time. What you could do is shine a torch up from the bottom in different places until you can see it through the radio hole.

Well, I don't own the car anymore. If I remember correctly I just pushed the wire from the radio hole down towards where the fuse box is until it came out and I could pull it through. It didn't take a huge amount of time. What you could do is shine a torch up from the bottom in different places until you can see it through the radio hole.
yes i actually thought about this method... i will give it a try.
thank you for your help

Back