General Punto MK2B: Front Bumper Advice

Currently reading:
General Punto MK2B: Front Bumper Advice

dave_86

Hey,

Just seeking some advice about a front bumper for my 05 active sport 3 door.

The other night i had an accident which ripped apart the passenger side of the bumper which i need to replace by getting a whole new front bumper.

Havn't spoke to fiat yet, but my mate broke his front bumper a while ago, same car and it cost £800! he went though his insurance but i dont wont to go down that road.

Anyone know where they sell bumpers apart from going though fiat, websites?

Another option would to get a body kit as they are alot cheaper, like the carzone one for an example.

Thanks

Dave

i quite like the active sport bumpers but i do like the kits that cadamuro and carzone have brought out, its really up to u as adam said e bay u can find good deals but u can get a deal on a kit as well :eek:

Dont forget cost of spraying.

If your car is a standard colour I would look at getting a scrap yard bumper in the same colour to keep the cost down.

You'll be looking at £100-200 for spraying of the front bumper alone unless you have budget for a kit (ie lowering springs and alloys as well) it will look out of place otherwise.

How much do you think a mk2 Sporting bumper would cost to replace and respray and a hand sized dent over the rear arch to repair? The dent is down to metal in parts but only a few mm's.
Just wondering about my Punto and how much the cost of the repairs were likely to mount to?

HardBoiledEgg said:
How much do you think a mk2 Sporting bumper would cost to replace and respray and a hand sized dent over the rear arch to repair? The dent is down to metal in parts but only a few mm's.
Just wondering about my Punto and how much the cost of the repairs were likely to mount to?
impossible to guess.

get a quote from someone...

Too late for that, it's in the bodyshop now getting fixed. I was just curious really. It's not costing me anything, well apart from the horror of driving a Smart ForFour :D

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Right, just an update on the bumper situation, after contacting many people on finding a bumper, they either gave me the new shape active or the older active sport.
So i thought i'd try and give Fiat a call, making sure i was sitting down first due to the prices.
They said they had one in stock and offered it me ready to paint for £117, which i was quite amazed because i can get it painted and fitted for next to nothing.

So once this is done, i quite fancy fitting this front skirt on it http://www.absmotorsport.net/product_info.php?cPath=27_200&products_id=470 has anyone seen any pics or got one of these?

The problem is, i'm planning to lower it by 35mm and i reckon with that skirt on its not going to have much clearance?

Back