Technical Punto MK2B 1.3 Cruise Control retrofit

Currently reading:
Technical Punto MK2B 1.3 Cruise Control retrofit

ricardoreis

Hello all,
I've been looking for this for a long while now and haven't gotten anywhere so far. Have also checked (and tested) a couple of wiring diagrams so far without success. (that includes the 1.9 wiring that some of you have used, based on a thread on this forum)

So, basically i've got a Punto Sport 1.3, has been with me since new, and just a couple of years ago i got in my head that i should try to retrofit the cruise control. The car has no wiring installed for it from factory. In fact, it doesn't even have any wiring on the ECU for the CAN BUS (if that's important).

In preparation to try to fit the CC, i have:
1. bought the stalk and fitted it in the car.
2. bought a cut of a loom (they didn't have the complete loom anymore) from a 1.3 with wiring for CC - it literally has CAN BUS wired as well as pins 19~22 (which should connect to the stalk)
3. wired up the stalk to the ECU (hoping that would be all that was needed - nothing changed)
4. Bought and fitted a dash/instrument pannel - the comfort version. It fails proxy alignment, but i get it to stop blinking by removing dash, try proxy, detects the removal, and connect it back. It still is detected on MES as EOL Fail, but the display works fine.

Might be worth mentioning that, even though the CAN BUS isn't wired on the pins that should be assigned to it, the ECU passes on the proxy alignment or on the CAN readings. (The ECU is a Magneti Marelli 6JF)

I've also tried already to wire the stalk directly to the pins 53,55,56,57 which cover most engines, but didn't see any readings in MES either.

The cruise control on MES shows as "not learned".

The light for the cruise control comes up on both dashes (through MES) when that's requested to the dash, but not through ECU (as it fails).

I have ran out of ideas on what else to do. Or well, i still would like to try to connect the CAN BUS (ECU 40 & 60 pins), but don't know where would they connect in the BCM. BTW! - Is there a comfort BCM?
Any ideas on how to get this to work would be appreciated. If there's anything i missed above or needs answer, feel free to ask..

Last edited:
Any development?I am interested on this.
Anybody's can help where I can get the ECU diagram to connect the wirings?

Back