Technical PUNTO MK2 EOBD warning light

Currently reading:
Technical PUNTO MK2 EOBD warning light

JAK81

Hi, I have a 02 punto sporting and the EOBD warning light is on. (From cold, without even starting the engine) It has been on in the past and after a week or so goes off, however this time its been on for over a week so took it to local garage to have code read and reset. He said it was Lambda sensor (before cat) and after a couple of days of being off again has just come back on. Does this mean i need to fit a new lambda or that there is something wrong elsewhere in the system that the sensor is picking up? :confused: Any advice much appreciated.......

Also......... does anyone else have a problem with a constant whining noise when driving along, at first i thought it was bearing but it doesnt seem to be getting any worse and i've checked them all and seem ok..... it might jst be me being paranoid!

Hi everyone,

Was wondering if i could ask a more knowledgable person than myself (!) some advice about my punto. It's nothing special, a Y reg, 1.2 MIA, everything seems to have been fine with it so far but this morning the EOBD light came on and stayed on. I've read some other threads but it's all a bit confusing! i've phoned the dealership who say that they'd need to do a diagnostic (£39) and then can tell me whats wrong (however, this might not be covered under my extended warranty. Any advice would be great

Also, my car has started to make this anooying whining, type noise when i'm driving, there seems to be no one time when it happens ie when going fast or slow and it's quite sporadic......has anyone else experienced this? if so, what did they do about it....(i feel a bit daft being a girl and going into a garage saying "my car is whining"!, its not very technical!)

thanks very much
Hannah

JAK81 said:

Hi, I have a 02 punto sporting and the EOBD warning light is on. (From cold, without even starting the engine) It has been on in the past and after a week or so goes off, however this time its been on for over a week so took it to local garage to have code read and reset. He said it was Lambda sensor (before cat) and after a couple of days of being off again has just come back on. Does this mean i need to fit a new lambda or that there is something wrong elsewhere in the system that the sensor is picking up? :confused: Any advice much appreciated.......

Also......... does anyone else have a problem with a constant whining noise when driving along, at first i thought it was bearing but it doesnt seem to be getting any worse and i've checked them all and seem ok..... it might jst be me being paranoid!

Im sure the lambda sensor can be disconnected i would get sumone to unconnect it while the EOBD lights on see if it gos out or maybe ecu has just picked up some errors could try resseting the ecu over night by taken off the (neg) thats the black one off the battery then connect back up leave it running for 5mins then take it a good run..

About the whining i had it with my MK1 and now my MK2 allways happens when the car is cold or not been used for a while i didnt really worry about it and mostly gos away once the engine warms up.

Only way to find out what the problem is is to get a diagnostic done on the car.

As far as disconnecting the lambda sensor...do this while engine running & it will bring the light on! If the ECU doesn't 'see' a signal voltage from post & pre cat sensors it will log a error.

As far as disconnecting the lambda sensor...do this while engine running & it will bring the light on! If the ECU doesn't 'see' a signal voltage from post & pre cat sensors it will log a error.

What about doing it when engines off then start it.. ?

Back