Technical Punto mk2 coil pack trigger wire

Currently reading:
Technical Punto mk2 coil pack trigger wire

conors891

Hi, I am building a DIY rpm gauge and I plan on using the trigger on the coil pack as a rpm signal. As far as I know its negatively triggered so I thought you would have one wire 12v and the other wire pulses GND from the ecu. Using a multimeter I have tested both wires off the first coil pack and both seem to be a GND wire with the ignition turned on. Maybe it all changes when the engine is running. Theres a yellow/black wire and a white/orange wire. If someone could shed some light on the situation it would be appreciated thanks.

Slight problem using one coil signal that the ciuq and seis have is it causes the signal to only be 50%

Have a flick through there guides section

But tbh itd be 10x easier to fit a sporting dash, and have it proxy aligned to make it all work properly

Yes the coils is neg trigger

The coil and injector share the same power feed, so I wire is live with 12v + when ignition on

Having 2 grounds is probably u testing wrong

Ziggy

Last edited:
Sorry I didn't even tell you what car it was. It's a 2000 mk2 punto. It's a waisted spark system so there is two coil packs, one per pair of plugs. There is two wires going into the both coil packs. I tested the first set and they both gave GND when tested , one was slightly better then the other buy about 0.1V. I shall test the second set of wires and see if I get a different result. Thanks

Sorry I didn't even tell you what car it was. It's a 2000 mk2 punto. It's a waisted spark system so there is two coil packs, one per pair of plugs. There is two wires going into the both coil packs. I tested the first set and they both gave GND when tested , one was slightly better then the other buy about 0.1V. I shall test the second set of wires and see if I get a different result. Thanks

Well aware of the 8v system

There ahud be a feed one side, thats what the wiring diagrams say
Ziggy

I'll take a look at a Haynes manual and see if I can figure it out. Thanks

the coil is grounded and the spark is triggered by the ecu opening the circuit. im sure ish

Back