Punto MK2 b Front speakers.

Currently reading:
Punto MK2 b Front speakers.

johnster

Hi,

I have some Clif Designs component speakers i tried to put in my Punto but lo and behold, there is no space whatsoever as the magnet gets in the way of the electric window!!

Does anyone know if there is some kind of spacer i could fit to allow the speaker room? Failing this it looks like i will have to buy some speakers that actually fit. Can anyone suggest some decent speakers that do actually fit in the doors? (Price range max of £200)

Thanks,

John

Well ,to be honest with u i have no experience in this area, actually i'm askin u a question here..
I'm lookin' to change the door speakers just like u did ( & now i'm waiting like u to get info from some one):confused:
so, did u take of the plastic part covering the speaker ? how exactly did u do that? because i'm goin' to that by myself so i need some help here:rolleyes:
thanx

Hi Moe.

Well, i think i slightly overdid it when dismantling... But its V simple. Just a bit tricky unclipping the plastics and trying not to damage them.

All i did was unscrew the screws in the door card, just underneath the speaker (I think there was three of them) then the plastic speaker grille simply prises off with a screw driver (Be carefull not to mark the grille or use ecessive force as the grille is held in place with plastic clips)

For the tweeter, there is a small plastic clip in place underneath the wing mirror ajuster. Carefully clip this out and there is a screw. Just undo this then again, carefully take off the cover and try not to use too much force as this is held together with plastic clips also.

Then, it is just a matter of unscrewing the main speaker and unclipping the tweeter. Job done!

Unfortunatley, the speakers i have have HUUUUUGE (Compared to the original stock speakers) Magnets and just will not fit as they interfere with the electric Window's :-(

You can always knock a spacer up out of a suitably thick piece of MDF. However, depending on how much deeper the magnets are over the standard speakers, you may not be able to fit the grilles back on.

Yeah, thats a good idea. I'll have a look into that... Although i think there is about an inch it would have to come out so i'm not hopefull.

I've been looking around and found this...

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1932.html

Anyone had any experience of these. Sounds like it would do the job maybe, but lets be honest, they aint the prettyest of things are they??

An help would be appreciated,

Thanks

John

Yeah,

I decided against it and created some collars for the speakers. Now there is loads of room for the HUGE magnets on the back of my speakers.

Cheers,

John

I have the same problem here i have a pair of Focal access A1 speakers but they wont seem to fit...can you please post some pics or tell us what exactly you did? Thank you

i have punto like yours. At the back I have 2 speakers that gives 300 watts each at back then i removed the sides small original speakers i think that there size is 6 x 4 and replace them by 150 watts . I need to know if i need to buy 2 small spekers or 2 tweeters to put them in front of door ? or can i fix the original spkers 6 x 4 in front ? what are the sizes that i have to buy ? of those speakers or tweeters to put them in front ? and also need to but 2 door front cover speakers too. DO UNDERSTAND ME ????

Last edited:
there are plenty of options available

buy the larger door grills
build your own pods/spacers
leave the stock speakers in
fit shallow mount speakers.

I've just ordered a set of alpine shallow mount speakers for £100 from CAD. They should be pretty good at vocals but I'm guessing there mid bass capabilities will be very limited but the pretend factory fitted "sub" in the boot will fill the bottom end out enough for my needs :slayer: and the rear speakers will be disconnected!

Back