Hi all

I currently have a sound system in my car which consists of
Pioneer door speakers
JBL rear speakers
Pioneer Head Unit
Pioneer 6 x 9's
Pioneer 3000 12" sub
Inphase amp

The system was ok when i first got it but i doesn't sound that brilliant any more. I am looking to have a reasonably loud system as i like my music loud but i want to drop the sub and amp in the boot as i am looking to weight reduce the car.

I am going to buy an Alpine CDA-9812RB head unit to start me off but can anyone advise where to take it from there?

Thanks

The system was ok when i first got it but i doesn't sound that brilliant any more.
Thanks

So by that i guess that you arent happy with the quality of the sound rather than the volume. Obviously by loosing a sub you cant expect the car to be boom boom loud.
What sort of budget do you have (think of a number then double it :D)
You will get a lot better sound out of a decent door build, components, amp and sound deadening.

Everything is ran off the head unit. The sub and 6x9's are amped.

The door speakers are components ut are not amped. If i was to amp them would this make alot of difference? Also would i be able to hie the amp in the car out of sight?

With regards to door builds where could i go to have this done as i am not sure on this type of stuff?

I don't mind if the system is not booming but i want to be able to have it quite loud without the speakers struggling and giving off a good quality at high levels of volume.

My previous system was fitted by a friedn who lets just say didnt do a neat job and this is why i want it replaced. I have a proffesional lined up to fit it but e was limited on advice off what stuff would be best to fit in my car this is why im hoping for some good advice of the best i can get for my money.

I am going to buy the headunit quoted for £190 then i will probably use £300 to finish the rest off.

If it was me, I would lose the 6x9's then amp your front and rear components.

what components and amp do you have?

If your fitting yourself you could probably get an amp for £150 and then spend another £150 on some decent comps.

I'm sure the audio gurus will be along soon to tell me im wrong though lol

Only the front are comps and they are pioneer im not sure what they are as i brought them a while back but i think they were about £200 quite stupid to spend that much then not amp them i thinks!

Rear are just standar JBL that i was given second hand for £20 think there about £70 new.

I am in a dilema as where to start and what to do with the sytem now so fingers crossed somone can point me in the right direction.

:yeahthat:
Also i would be wary of that installer, if he cant give you good recommendation then is he really up to the job.
I say buy yourself a nice amp, sound deadening and install the speakers in a good solid mount and you will be laughing (y)
Can you take the door cards off to find out the model of the components as i should imagine you have a good asset there.

Yes i still have the box they came in so i can find out what they are. I also agree and think i should amp them.

I have a theory tell me if it's possible please. I loose the sub but get new better 6x9's and amp them. Also buy rear comps and keep the front comps. fitting 2 small amps to run each seperatley one amp under each chair ( passenger and driver). Is this stupid or possible??

This would give me good audio would also reduce the weight in the boot and look neat as the amps are hidden.

Yes i still have the box they came in so i can find out what they are. I also agree and think i should amp them.

I have a theory tell me if it's possible please. I loose the sub but get new better 6x9's and amp them. Also buy rear comps and keep the front comps. fitting 2 small amps to run each seperatley one amp under each chair ( passenger and driver). Is this stupid or possible??

This would give me good audio would also reduce the weight in the boot and look neat as the amps are hidden.

to be honest, if your going to be amping comps, why ruin the sound with 6x9's?

Personally, i would,

amp front and rear comps from a 4 channel amp, and then have a seperate bridged 2 channel or a mono amp for your sub.

I think i am going to buy the alpine headunit stated and front and rear type R alpine components and see how that sounds without the sub. If this doesn't sound great i will put the sub back into the system like suggested.

Might be a stupid question but why would 6x9s ruin the sound from the components? As i said before im new to car audio so dont know what you mean.

Back