Technical punto mk2 1.2 8v .. Reset ecu?

Currently reading:
Technical punto mk2 1.2 8v .. Reset ecu?

cookski

Im wantings to do this! ... How do I do this??

Last edited:
Ive found out myself .. ... To reset an ecu, put the key in the ignition set to on but the car not started, disconnect both battery terminals and with a spanner if not enough slack touch them together, this will complete the circuit and remove all electrical energy within your cars ecu (the alternative is to disconnect and leave overnight...).

You then reconnect the battery. you start the car and do not touch the pedals while the engine get to optimum temperature (wait for the rad fan to come on the second time) you then switch off.

Switch on again and you can drive the car however keep the revs below 4,000rpm for the first 20 miles as you need lambda settings to map the higher rev range... after 20 miles the car is now reset and you can drive it as an italian car should be driven.

(if you thrash from the go, after 4,000rpm the ecu cannot read the emmissions so will go lean most likely)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive found out myself .. ... To reset an ecu, put the key in the ignition set to on but the car not started, disconnect both battery terminals and with a spanner if not enough slack touch them together, this will complete the circuit and remove all electrical energy within your cars ecu (the alternative is to disconnect and leave overnight...).

You then reconnect the battery. you start the car and do not touch the pedals while the engine get to optimum temperature (wait for the rad fan to come on the second time) you then switch off.

Switch on again and you can drive the car however keep the revs below 4,000rpm for the first 20 miles as you need lambda settings to map the higher rev range... after 20 miles the car is now reset and you can drive it as an italian car should be driven.

(if you thrash from the go, after 4,000rpm the ecu cannot read the emmissions so will go lean most likely)

Do you normally behave like a spoilt child if no-one answers you within an hour? :confused:

Congrats for using some common sense on an often-covered topic, but unfortunately there's a much more effective way if you're looking to reset the self-adaptives. I don't know where you read the stuff above, but most of it's rubbish. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even an hour .. I give it 12 minutes an 27 seconds then I give up on you people .. An find out myself

Get someone to buy you this for Easter, rather than a chocolate egg-

howtomakefriends.jpg

:cry:

I've got a new ECU on the way and should be installing it tomorrow (if it gets here that is). Is the running in process the same as when you reset the ECU? I've found a sonic wheel setup mentioned but I'm not sure what this involves or if this is just what the fore mentioned is actually called. Any light on this would be much appreciated!

Back