Tuning Punto Mk2 1.2 8v Exhaust help me choose please!

Currently reading:
Tuning Punto Mk2 1.2 8v Exhaust help me choose please!

G star09

Hi all

I am a very new member to Fiat Forum. I have owned a Mk2 Fiat Punto 1.2 8v for 3 years now and I am starting to invest some money into tuning it up. I am buying a GSR Induction Kit and looking to buy a new exhaust system.

I have been quoted very similar prices from Longlife and Powerflow for a full performance system. Can anyone help with which to go with or even if there is another company out there that has a better system available?

Also i know the engine is limmited to what power i will gain but is there any advice on the what other mods i can invest in to zap out some more power from my little engine.

All advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

You are lucky to have the 1.2 8v engine if you are looking to modify. There is lots that can be done. GSR Induction is the first excellent step. As for exhuasts, Supersprint are considered the best 'off-the-shelf'. A GSR remap should see you another 6 bhp on top of the exhaust and induction gains. And if you really want to go mad, get GSR reprofiled cams and performance head. You already have Multi-Point Injection, so your 60 bhp car could produce up to 102 bhp. And that is 102 bhp with no turbo lag or variable valve timing kicking in, so the delivery will be smooth as butter.

Backbox is the only part worth replacing.

Supersprint or ragazzon.

You already have Multi-Point Injection, so your 60 bhp car could produce up to 102 bhp. /QUOTE]

Which 1.2 from GSR put this power out?

Most I have seen is 93bhp.

Hi all

I am a very new member to Fiat Forum. I have owned a Mk2 Fiat Punto 1.2 8v for 3 years now and I am starting to invest some money into tuning it up. I am buying a GSR Induction Kit and looking to buy a new exhaust system.

I have been quoted very similar prices from Longlife and Powerflow for a full performance system. Can anyone help with which to go with or even if there is another company out there that has a better system available?

Also i know the engine is limmited to what power i will gain but is there any advice on the what other mods i can invest in to zap out some more power from my little engine.

All advice will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

I got a nice Stainless cat back from PECO through Demon Tweeks & they fitted it for me too. All for under £300.Only downside is there is only 1 exit pipe design the 3in rolled.Gives her a nice growl with a K&N Filter but not OTT.

Thanks for the advice and opinions everyone. So overall would you all recomend a full supersprint system?

Where can is the best place for me to puchase this and i need it fitting also so is there a supersprint dealer I can contact to get it all done at once?

Off the shelf systems you fit yourself.

Just buy the backbox.

I don't know how to fit it all my self thats the problem. I was looking on the supersprint site not log ago and was looking at buying:

Supersprint Centre Exhaust
Supersprint Decat Front Pipe
Supersprint Rear Silencer

Are you suggesting its only worth buying the Rear Silencer??

MikeSalt

Im not sure what you mean? Hi-flow Cat?

I have asked around and the cat is attached to the manifold and no one seems to stock these?

My bad took a few mins to sink in i undrstand now lol.

Does that mean with the de cat my car would not be road legal?

Ahh right now i see.:doh: So i should just purchase the other 2 parts and get them fitted leaving out the de-cat? MikeSalt would you sugest that this is the best parts for me to purchse regarding the exhaust system or should i just go for the backbox?

That is correct. Your car needs the catalyst to keep the emissions down. Without it, you will fail an MOT, or be fined if you get randomly tested at the roadside.

More likely to get impounded these days, car seized if VOSA test and you fail emissions.

Not a prob. Thanks to all your comments and advice(y) i shall now do some thinking as to what exhaust to go with more than likely will be the supersprint.

i will keep posted and also get some pics up once the jobs done!

Back