Punto Mk11 1.2 Sub Advice.

Currently reading:
Punto Mk11 1.2 Sub Advice.

ZenBassUK

First post here so hello to everyone..

Right down to it

I have a X Reg MKII Punto and have just got a Sub off ebay for silly money. Ive searched these threads and have read what people have said...however

i understand that the sub feed is taken off the rear speakers...my punto is the basic model and hence does not have rear speakers and I have had a look round and under the boot carpet and cannot find any speaker wire or a white ISO connector...this poses a problem...I know you need a bracket to hold it in place but the hole are not there..I can find two small holes but they dont look like bolt holes...this isnt a problem cause I will affix it with heavy duty velcro and a few heavy duty cable ties so thats okay

Any ideas as to how I might fit it....im thinkin ill have to purchase a wiring kit from maplin or something and then its a bit lets hide the cables..

Any help

Greatl appreciated :)

I might actually have an old punto sub at home ill have a look to see if the bracket is still on it. If it is ill send it too you if you cover the postage.
With respect to the actual wiring i cant really help you there but im sure sumone will.

I might actually have an old punto sub at home ill have a look to see if the bracket is still on it. If it is ill send it too you if you cover the postage.
With respect to the actual wiring i cant really help you there but im sure sumone will.

Thank you Very much it would be greatly appreciated :eek:) and of course postage wouldnt be a problem I can transfer fun via paypal instantly if you have an account.

Regards

Zen

u dont take the audio feed from the rear speakers, they are meant to work in conjunction with the sub and amp for middle and treble
get a headunit with a pre-out, the connections will be there ready for you, a blue wire for the remote feed, the two auxilary feeds, these are what gets the sound to your sub

u dont take the audio feed from the rear speakers, they are meant to work in conjunction with the sub and amp for middle and treble
get a headunit with a pre-out, the connections will be there ready for you, a blue wire for the remote feed, the two auxilary feeds, these are what gets the sound to your sub

Thank you for the advice however Ive been pricing a few things up and well Maplin do an okay range of audio gear for not a lot of money. Im not going for a full out system just something I can hear at motorway crusing speeds :p.. Just ordered a Acoustic shelf off Ebay and fit some 6x9 and a 4 channel amp which I can bridge the rear channels for the sub and since Im pretty up on electronics shudnt be difficult to bypass the amp with in sub. Also gettin a new headunit which yesssh its gonna be a bluetooth jobby.

cheers for the advice

Regards

Zen

Last edited:
Back