Technical Punto Mk1 Lowering

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Mk1 Lowering

Wizzkid16

Hiya,
Im looking at getting a Lowering kit for my Mk1 Punto 60s this summer, im going to change the shocks and springs, so i dont have any problems later with my shocks. Ive been looking at the billstein kit 40mm drop kit (the cheaper with unadjustable ride height) Has anyone fitted one of these: and/or what do you think?

I currently have a set of 15" DJ Racing (DJ 329) alloys fitted ( 7" * 15"); these have an offset of 37 and PCD of 100 (used tapered bolts to fit them due to the annoying PCD of 98 on all fiats.) The tyres are Nexen n3000 195/45 ZR15.

Has anyone lowered their Mk1 Punto, with this configuration of alloys/Tyres; and will i have any problems when it is lowered. Currenlty the wheels dont touch the arches on full lock.
I have been told by a few places that i shouldnt have any problems lowering with this configuration; however my main concern is when i have a fully laden car, the rear suspension drops alot due to the soft suspension. Would an uprated, lowered suspension kit flex more, making the bodywork drop anymore than it currently does; ie. will the wheels scrub the outside of then arches. When looking at the rear wheels, the tyres protrude slightly out of the arches, thus i dont think the wheel would go up into the arch without catching the tyre. Also, does anyone rekon that i will havea ny problems with my Exhaust Backbox catching on speed bumps? Images of my car are attached.

Sorry for the long post; im new to this,

Thanking you in advance,

Ben

Attachments

• Punto 1.JPG
    Punto 1.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Punto 2.JPG
    Punto 2.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 31
Thanks for the reply,

What sort of handling improvement will i get from a full suspension kit? and will i get a harsher ride; as at the moment it rolls like mad around roundabouts etc...? Do you rekon the new suspension will flex as much (or to the same ratio) as the current fiat kit, or will it be less?

The wheels dont protrude that much from the bodywork, you can see in the pictures the amount they do. When i've look at the edge of the tyre and then look at the lip inside the arch edge, it looks as though the trye wouldnt fit up into the arch, if you get me?!

Do you suppose i will have any problems with my Back Box scrapping once its lowered?

Thanking you in advance,

Ben

Back