Styling Punto MK1 Lowering

Currently reading:
Styling Punto MK1 Lowering

Want to mod a punto

Hi guys i have a Punto MK1 which i want to lower by about 40mm i have seen a few kits i.e Springs and Struts ( Gmax ) on ebay and just want to know which is the best to go with as i dont want to pay high street prices if i can get it cheaper of net. Also i had some advice last night as when taking of old strut the lower bolts that hold the hub to it seized and snapped to which i was told i can use tensile bolts but have also found out that the main pinch bolt for the ball joint has threaded so what can i use to replace that? any ideas......:worship:

if just 40mm, you dont need new shocks unless you really want them.

i would highly recommend getting 45mm for the front, or even 50, because on some cars the front hardly looks lowered at all with 40mm.

i bought Jetex 45/40's about january, and so far im happy with them

Guess im gonna lower my mk2 45mm all round and leave it on standard shocks too...

Hi ya guys im havin to change shocks due to the fact front passanger has gone and rear is on its way out, Gone with Gmax 45mm front and 40mm rear problem with going 50mm or even 60mm is that the anti roll bar can cause problems with clearance (so i was told ) but hey for £195 delivered cant be to bad can they lol

i have a set of standed fiat alloys which i will eventually change did you naot have any probs with the anti roll bar then as i looked at mine today and looks quite low?

I got them of ebay They should arrive today. There is a number on the listing which i called to see if they had them in stock and to see how long delivery would be told me they had them in stock and delivery would be 2-3 days not bad considering everyone else i contacted said 3-4 weeks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=160104904895&rd=1&rd=1
This was the link if you ask them through ebay may still have some?
Let me know how you get on....

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
nice choice of 45/40, but thats VERY expensive. am i missing something? i paid just £70 for my set of springs. ah well yours better last longer than mine then.
This is for the full set springs and struts/dampners well thats what it said in listing beteer be im still waiting for them to arrive lol

they onli seem to have them on there for £230 adn the auction has ended any way lol
He does put them on quite reg i'll keep me eye out as i am always on ebay trying to find odd bit and peice for car so if he puts (or when) i'll let you know if your still interested LOL

can anyone tell me how much it has cost them to fit their springs? it is on my to do list just gonna get a set off ebay then look to fit.
there are 2 options:

1) garage to fit - any one know rough prices
2) fit me sen with spring tensioners etc.

is it worth paying for the garage to fit with my mk1 being 1998 and those strut bolte will be well and truly home.

thanks in advance,

Josh

for shocks AND springs! how did you manage that spine tingling price!!

i was in the thinking that it was gonna cost at least a ton for the springs let alone fitting!

hmm what to do... i'm thinking slam 60mm on some gt alloys but worried about the wear on my shocks....

mine's -45mm F/R - the gt3 is standard ride height...

DSCF1086fpp.jpg

I love this pic vvvvv

DSCF1091fpp.jpg

Back