Punto MK1 amp wiring problems

Currently reading:
Punto MK1 amp wiring problems

Danners

Hi all, nice to meet you :)

I'm setting up an amp in the boot of my 96 punto. I have completed everything else except wiring the power cable from the battery, because I am unable to find a route for it. I've spent 3 hours this morning looking for a hole that goes into the engine, but can't find one anywhere. I'm at the point of giving up and just drilling a hole randomly, but I really don't want to resort to that because I know I'll drill through something vital.

Can anyone describe to me exactly where I might find one, in laymans terms, because I'm not technologically minded when it comes to cars and parts, I am however quite good at wiring :)

Thanks a lot!

Edit: found one! :D I managed to get some mains flex through a little hole next to the battery which went into the front wing, I fed it down to the gromit on the door which feeds the automatic window, pulled it through that, then selotaped it to the power cable and pulled it through...Hey presto!

Thought I was never going to get there :)

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the forum, there are 2 picks below showing the back of engine bay you will see thay there is an oval of the black sound proffing that you can pull out, pic 2 showes a hole in that hole you will have a big rubber bung you can make a hole in this for the cable,

Attachments

• cable hole1.jpg
    cable hole1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 89
  • cable hole2.jpg
    cable hole2.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 124
i just when and had a look, but on mine its not rubber, its the same sound thing, and i lift it up and bare metal was there :confused:

i'll look again in the morning

EDIT:

:bang: still cudnt ffind it so i just ran it through the wing into the car, all working :D

Last edited:
thats a problem for me then. if i take battery out i have no silly red fiat key been told how to reset the security thing but 100% sure it works so dont wanna ****** me car up

i get ya what exactly do i need this special key for

the bloke i bought it off claims if u take the panel out under hte steering wheel arear u got a little code block disconnect both wires try n start engine reconnect them and it will start withotu the red key is this true?

Hi Dave

I too am trying to wire an amp in my Fiat Punto 60 S (T reg 1999) but when i remove those patches of sound proofing, one of em is just solid metal body work, and the other is that rubber plug with the bolt on either side (i.e. the left hole in the image u've attached). in ur image, its quite clear that the right side hole is a bung that can be removed. i dont have that.

shall i try removing the proofing away from the body and see if its hiding elsewhere? strangeee!!!

please reply ASAP, am really wanting to get this amp going.

thanks

Ishaq

Thats really odd because I have recently installed a sub in my boot (96 P Plate 55sx) and there was no problem using that grommet shown in the pic.

I have read elsewhere that if you pull back the sound proofing on the right hand side of the engine bay (batt. side) then there is a small 1" diameter grommet than can be used aswell. I was going to use this one but routing it through the other one at the bottom was much easier, but seen as though you dont have that option then the smaller grommet behind the sound proofing is a better idea!

Take a look at this:

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=53765&highlight=punto+fli

Hope that helps,

Willber.

Back