Technical Punto mk1 1242 16v cylinder head removal

Currently reading:
Technical Punto mk1 1242 16v cylinder head removal

hi there,
i'm going to the scrappy on thursday to get the pistons and con rods out of a punto 1242 mk1 16v, I have borrowed the haynes manual off of a mate, and it says that the head bolts are of a splined design, and a fiat special tool is needed to remove them. I'm obviously not going to buy one as i don't have the car. It says in the haynes book that a close fitting allen key can be utilised to undo them, I was just wondering if anyone has a picture of them so I can see their design, or if anyone has any handy tips?

Many thanks

Lenny :)

hi there,
i'm going to the scrappy on thursday to get the pistons and con rods out of a punto 1242 mk1 16v, I have borrowed the haynes manual off of a mate, and it says that the head bolts are of a splined design, and a fiat special tool is needed to remove them. I'm obviously not going to buy one as i don't have the car. It says in the haynes book that a close fitting allen key can be utilised to undo them, I was just wondering if anyone has a picture of them so I can see their design, or if anyone has any handy tips?

Many thanks

Lenny :)

They're called ribe bolts and tools are available from Halfords amongst other places. Do not try the allen key trick these things are torqued up well...

yea i thought that, i wondered how i'd get the torque on to them using an allen key down there. Nah scrappy won't have any tools, they have a big sign up saying I DONT LEND TOOLS lol. All off the scrappys around here are ones where you take the parts off yourself.

Lenny

Back