Punto Mk1 1.2 16v sporting

Currently reading:
Punto Mk1 1.2 16v sporting

yeah i have dazzdog, but they are a bit far away! im phoning this chap tonight who owns a garage but also finds cars for people and brings them back, he has found cars for my ma and pa b4,so see what goes from there, he maybe able to go up country to find one, there is a nice black on autotrader for £2000, check it out if ur not up to anything!

Tidygirl said:
yeah i have dazzdog, but they are a bit far away! im phoning this chap tonight who owns a garage but also finds cars for people and brings them back, he has found cars for my ma and pa b4,so see what goes from there, he maybe able to go up country to find one, there is a nice black on autotrader for £2000, check it out if ur not up to anything!

hi, yeah i checked it out, looks really clean, not much more you really need to do to it either. i had a 1.6 8 valve sporting in black and i really liked it, i only sold it for £850 check it out

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=35329

ur old punto looks nice! I thought with that other black one, i wouldnt need to do anythin, mum said ' but that will put the insurance up lots!' its because my bro works for directline and has told mum this she thinks its gonna go up thousands! i said with that black i would be willing to pay the extra insurance as i would only be spending that money on little mods anyways! deary me! buying cars is hard work, this guy that my ma and pa know is booked in to look out for a punto mk1 thats not yellow or white! so see how that goes,

HELP!!!! the guy rang me today and said he would take my offer of 1500, if i was still interested, and now i dont know what to do, im thinking im just gonna go for it, tbh as i really like the car, i may try and offer him 1400 again,

:yeahthat: actually, there are plenty of them out there and most of them are in your budget, just wait and get the one you are going to be happy with because you are going to have to live with it, worst case scenario is that you might have to travel a bit ;)

it feels right, its only little cosmetic things thats is wrong with it, he said on my message that he had a timelimit and that he hould accept my offer, im gonna ring him today and say 1400 at that price its absolutly fine. my boyf said that thats a good price, if he says now i'll walk away for sure, thanks tho!

I would like to point out again from an earlier post:

Fiat Punto Hatchback
Sporting 16V 3d 1998/S
Insurance Group 7
Average mileage: 60,000 miles
Cost New ('98) £ 11170
Franchised Dealer £ 2030
Independent Dealer £ 1810
Private Good £ 1535
Private Poor £ 770
Part Exchange £ 1135

tbh i think you are taking this cos is an easy option for you, read the advice people are giving you :)

I have travelled a fair way to get a car that is right for me, not something that is local and convieniant, there are plenty of cars out there, he is desperate to sell, but have a look around first at others

its only at £560 with 1 day left hang in there and offer £1400 or even lower, if he wants to sell it quickly he should accept your price.

TBH 1500-1600 seems to be about right going on Parkers and Glass's Guide for a good condition car, where its tidy, but may require some minor work (touch ups etc) with a fairly long MOT. It seems like he knows what his car is worth, even though he exaggerated his cars value as 2K

If you want it, I'd bid on it. Isn't arranging a sale outside of eBay against its rules anyway? It also must be annoying for someone who has been bidding on it only for someone to buy it outside of eBay. It would certainly annoy me. Just my opinion though.

well, u'll be pleased to know that i have walked away from the sale, i had a talk to my boyf and just rang him to say i'll give u 1500 with a full MOT, as i could find a tidier one with a full mot he said that was too little and has turned me down, so thats it! the search must go on!

i really want to say thanks to everyone who has given me advice, it has helped me a great deal just hope they is some little punto waiting for me. thanks again

i remember you were interested in a mk1 punto sporting off of autotrader which was up for £2000, would you not be able to come up with an extra £700-£1000 and get a nice mk2 version, my gf picked up a y reg mk2 sporting in sprint blue with 36000 miles and it is in mint condition and she payed £2900 for it. just a thought i had today thats all :p

darren

Back