General Punto Mk 1 Speakers

Currently reading:
General Punto Mk 1 Speakers

*claire*

Hi,
I have just bought a punto mk1 and I was wondering whether I can put speakers in the doors as at the mo it only has those small ones in the dash, if so how easy would it be?

Thanks! :p

yep you can but your gonna need the speaker pods for a higher spec punto, the ELX and the GT have them in it. make sure to get them from a car with the same amount or doors as your car., :)

Ok, so don't I need new door cards then?

This might seem like a realli stupid question, but why do i have to get them from 1 that has the same amount of doors as mine?

Cheers 4 the help tho :)

Ok, so don't I need new door cards then?

This might seem like a realli stupid question, but why do i have to get them from 1 that has the same amount of doors as mine?

Cheers 4 the help tho :)

Yup, new door cards. You'll also need a way of getting the wires from the cabin into the doors. So maybe a new sporting dash loom so you can connect the speakers.

It needs to be from a punto with same amount of doors, as a 5 door punto has shorter doors to 3 door. So only 3 door to 3 door will fit, or 5 door to 5 door.

I did it in my car, to a full GT2 interior, a lot of work, but definately worth it (y)

Ah yeh that makes sense lol :idea:

So can i just pick this all up out of a scrapyard then? and if I need new door cards, will I have any chance of getting ones to match my interior do you reckon? not that i'm fussy , i just want it 2 luk good lol!

I think all the models with the door cards with speaker pods that you are after will have a different pattern on to what you have. So it won't match, unless you get the whole interior.

You could go to a scrappy, but eBay can be a good bet too. I know at the moment there are some puntos breaking on there- they tend to be recently written off or sorn, so interior is generally much better condition than a car thats been sitting in a scrappy for a while.

Back