Technical Punto Juddering / Loss of power

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Juddering / Loss of power

Hi there, I have had my 56 reg Grande Punto for around 3 months now and I have had this type of juddering for a while now. The car doesn't look like it was very well looked after.

It had a blow in the flexi pipe which I fixed with a new exhaust and had it serviced new oil filters and that back at Christmas.

But now I seem to still have this juddering when accelerating even round to about 2500/3000 revs and it is a bit worrying. A garage said it is because I'm not revving the car enough and to take it to about 4000/4500 revs and change but that's not fixed it and this juddering it getting worse. I thought it was the oil before the service but clearly not. The engine when warm and idle sounds silent no knocks or drops in revs and I've never had the Engine Management Light come on but something isn't right.

However when cold and you start the car it has an odd noise as the engine fires into life which doesn't sound too good but then nothing out of the ordinary happens once it has started.

Can anyone help me on this and shed some light through experience. I have seen it could be coil packs which look as though it's the little black box with four leads coming off of it leading to the spark plugs? I think can someone tell me and then the Lambda sensor which people say it could be aswell. All in both parts are £100 and I know mechanics to do it. Please help thanks

Last edited:
Back