Technical Punto Juddering / Loss of power

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Juddering / Loss of power

lcdm2808

Hi

I have a mk3 (54 reg) punto, and have been experiencing juddering of the car, with loss of engine power and flashing engine management light. This only happens for a minute or so each morning.

I have connected a diagnostic code reader to the car, and it detects no stored faults / DTC's. :bang:

Has anyone had similar problems, or have any other ideas for fault finding?

Thanks

lcdm2808

Had the diagnostic machine running today whilst my partner drove, got codes P0300 and P0301, random misfire on cylinder 1. Any common problems punto's suffer from in the ignition system?

Spark plugs are due to be changed soon so they will be replaced tomorrow.

Lcdm2808

Had the diagnostic machine running today whilst my partner drove, got codes P0300 and P0301, random misfire on cylinder 1. Any common problems punto's suffer from in the ignition system?

Spark plugs are due to be changed soon so they will be replaced tomorrow.

Lcdm2808

My friend I also have this problem thread running called lack of power... ;)

I changed the plugs no joy :bang:

Leads next will watch your thread to see how you progress (y)

hi, have noiced this problem recently, when accelerating the car seems to be really jumpy some times, sort of as if it was bad clutch control, only that im not on the clutch.

is there a guide anywhere on cleaning the throttle body???

hi, have noiced this problem recently, when accelerating the car seems to be really jumpy some times, sort of as if it was bad clutch control, only that im not on the clutch.

Sounds like what mine does, especially in first gear, i always have to change to 2nd to stop the annoying jumping. Any advice on how to fix this would be great.

When I'm in first gear in my MK2, and going slowly, the Punto whines and jerks forward, only way to stop it is to push the clutch down and gently come off it again. It doesn't really bother me that much, but it would be interesting to know the cause of it. :p

yup, it's bladdy annoying! Today mine was doing this In 1st, 2nd and slightly in 3rd. I've bought some injector cleaner as I recon they mite have some debris in them as Im always on red lol gnna clean out the t/b as well

So is there an idiots guide anywhere ;)

Or can someones throw a few lines on this thread (y)

im pretty sure i saw ppl tlk about one, i 4t it was on here but i cant find it anywhere

Looking at them threads about cleaning the throttle body i do remeber some guy talking about a butterfly valve. He also added a nice little diagram but i cant seem to find the thread now.

wow, this seems to be happening to a few puntos lately!

mine has started to do this too, took it to the garage last friday and it read a misfire on cylinder 2. The garage cleared the code and tried to make it come up again to see if the same fault came up, but as it only seems to happen in the mornings it wouldn't so they gave it back to me without repairing, but was told to bring it back when i could get the warning light back up.

so, its booked in again this friday and will hopefully read the same code so the garage can repair it...The mechanic said something about getting a new coil pack, and this should fix it?

i will let you know the outcome friday or saturday, when its *hopefully* fixed :D

**EDIT - i have a 52 plate mk2 sporting it that means anything? lol **

As I've said before I'm no mechanic

What's a coil pack and what does it do?

haha, im exactly the same as you, unfortunately i also have no idea...althought a quick google gave me these wikipedia results

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignition_coil[/ame]

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distributor[/ame]

it seems to be something to do with converting the low battery voltage to a higher voltage to spark the spark plugs, if that makes sence? lol

uh ohh....well im glad that mine should be hopefully getting sorted on friday then if its urgent!

how long has yours been doing it for??

Back end of last week, I'll get some one to have a look in the morning (n)

More bloody expense, was hoping to get my spoiler fitted next week and bonnet resprayed (y)

Back