Technical punto jtd mk2 car doesn't move in gear

Currently reading:
Technical punto jtd mk2 car doesn't move in gear

dubsential

Hi, as title mk2 punto 2002 jtd..

Car was getting difficult to get into gear at times but not for a long period of time.. Except reverse which was always problematic. It cut out one day in the middle of the road due to another engine issue.

In a desperate attempt to move it I limped it a v short distance with the starter motor, in gear to get it out of the road however now it has no movement when in gear, you can move it in and out of gear without the clutch while running but it makes a racquet clattering without moving...
The starter isn't stuck that works fine

I dropped the oil out of the box with no nasty surprises.

It was squealing like the auxiliary belt was lose for a while but it doesn't seem to be, after awhile this would cease, wondering if it is the throwout bearing that was doing this and is the problem hence difficult to get in gear, however..

What is likely to stop the car moving while gears are engaged I assume only the clutch.. Anyone any ideas? :confused:

That sounds like good news for the punto..
It might live for some more battles, bloody thing..

Not had one go completely like that but it was an uprated clutch..kevlar one maybe that has something to with it..

Might just use the stronger pressure plate if it survived with a valeo disk this time.. see how that fairs..
I dont rate the kevlar it didnt last long..

Could be my driving but the old one was just a well used organic probably standard and that limped me around for quite a while with third and fourth missing for some time when the old box shat it..

I have a new slightly upgraded turbo gt1544 instead of the vl20 or whatever it was, bolted straight on just an intercooler pipe to extend so fingers crossed it copes, quite scary cars tuned up a bit they don't half shift.. Good strong engine it even happily excepts veg oil blends surprisingly..
about 15k on it, smoked by a chip pan always funny.... It was already remapped and tuned etc

Thanks for your replies, 2 people called chris what is the chances lol

Last edited:
Back