Technical Punto JTD loss of power

Currently reading:
Technical Punto JTD loss of power

jassa

Hello,
I hope somebody can help me. I have a Punto Mrk 2 (Y reg) 1.9 JTD ELX. The car has lost power this it does not pick up speed as it use to, what I have noticed is that sometimes whilst driving the power comes back but then goes into the state of less power.
I hope this makes sense any help would be much appreciated.

Jas

Many years ago a friend with a Peugeot diesel had this problem, solved by changing the fuel filter. These days with all the electronics it could be anything. But at least the fuel filter is cheap to try.

I had a VW Passat TDI-90 lose power and then mysteriously have it come back. It turned out to be a faulty injector that for some reason was not showing up on the ECU faults.

The JTD has a different injection system so again I might be kidding, but at least its a place to start looking.

Last of all you could get the mass air flow sensor cleaned. My brothers Alfa JTD ran better when it was cleaned. Eventually he replaced it with a bosch part. Fiat wanted megabux.

Hello,
looking throught the guides section I came to the conclusion to try the MAF sensor, but thankyou for the advise.

Jas

Hello,
looking throught the guides section I came to the conclusion to try the MAF sensor, but thankyou for the advise.

Jas

before replacing, just unplug it.
This would be the 1st place id look. second would be an injector or a boost leak that was somehow opening and closing.

Hi, I'm new to the forum but wanted to add my experience on this topic - I've got the same problem - revvs don't go over approx 3000 (with the MAF sensor currently disconnected). If i reconnect the MAF sensor the pick up is terrible (it'd be faster on a pushbike). I've blanked the AGR valve off and it's made no difference what so ever (going to take the blanking gasket i made out now).
I've had this problem for a while now and have been driving with the MAF sensor disconnected to be able to get half decent acceleration up to around 3000 revs. When i reach this point it seems like the car is being starved of fuel and it just can't revv anymore. but i don't think it's fuel because it's removing the MAF connector that makes so much difference. I got a MAF from the breakers and it didn't cure the problem. Could it be that the one i got is knackered or could i have a problem somewhere else?? Got no Eng man light on.
help desperately needed.
Thanks.

Back