Technical Punto JTD Boost Solenoid

Currently reading:
Technical Punto JTD Boost Solenoid

I have a GSR induction kit on my remapped Punto JTD which means when it is raining the boost solenoid gets wet which plays havoc with the boost. :( I am going to relocate it to the side of the battery tray as per the guide https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-guides/131594-jtd-boost-solenoid-relocation.html

My boost solenoid is probably knackered now so I am thinking of just replacing it, anyone know if anyone other than FIAT sell them? I've looked on EuroCarParts, Shop4Parts, eBay etc and found nothing.

Symptoms are a flat spot once I hit 3000rpm and the engine management light occasionally comes on but then flicks off again within a few minutes at most.

Does this sound like the boost solenoid or something else?

Just phoned my local FIAT dealer and they want £67 for a new boost solenoid, does that seem expensive? ePER has it listed at £21.60 (£25.38 including taxes).

Don't want to spend almost £70 if I don't know it's definitely causing the issue, any way I can diagnose a faulty boost solenoid? I might just give it a good clean and see how I get on.

Just phoned my local FIAT dealer and they want £67 for a new boost solenoid, does that seem expensive? ePER has it listed at £21.60 (£25.38 including taxes).

Forum copy of ePER is from 2004 so prices in it are well out of date.

The Stilo JTD boost valve has a small air filter on it that can get blocked when the valve is mounted low down. Not sure if the Punto one is similar.

Attachments

• Boost Valve.JPG
    Boost Valve.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 73
Back