Technical Punto Idling Problems (54 reg active sport 1.2)

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Idling Problems (54 reg active sport 1.2)

johnjbloomfield

Hi all,

I've tralled the forum and still havn't found what I', looking for to borrow a phrase frpm U2.

In August last year we bought a 1.2 Active Sport for my other half who had just passed her test it was an ex- demonstartor with very low miles.

However from the very first week of having the car it displayed an unusual and intermitent fault.

When idling the rev counter will bounce up and down between 500 and 1000 revs the car will sound like its about to stall at any second and the lights have occasionally been seen to dim and brighten in sequence with the revs.

We've had it back to the dealers so many times I can't count so far they have replaced the potentiometer (apologies if spelling is wrong) twice and have also replaced the throttle body.

None of this has had any positive effect.

The fault seems to occur mainly when the car is warm. For example you take a ten minute drive to tesco, leave her for 10 minutes come back start the engine and it will happen.

The dealers thus far have been absolutely useless, so i'm hoping the collective knowledge bank here can help.

Here's hoping.

John

flick

hey, soz you been having so many problems. Spoke to a car boffin and he said that you should check the air flow meter as thats what it sounds like. Hope this helps
Flick (y)

AppleSei

RIP L181 VBB
Get a diagnostic check, a misread may be being sent from the ECU or the other sensors.

Any independent garage should be able to do this providing they have the equipment.