General Punto Help Please......

Currently reading:
General Punto Help Please......

hi everyone, iv got a 02 plate 1.2 punto iv had since december, since having it it has had a couple of little (i hope) problems which i think i really need to get checked, just thought id put them up here b4 i go to a garage and get ripped of (i know most garages are decent, but i have had a few bad experiences in the past, prob cos they know i dont have a clue about cars :eek::eek:).

First up, when im driving, the handbrake lights comes on sometimes and can stay on for a few seconds before going off again, now could this be a lose wire or is ittrying to tell me something? before anyone says it, the handbrake is down :p:p

second up, over the past couple of weeks, it seems the engine sounds really loud, like a boy racer type of thing (i have nothing against this by the way, just not for me), it seems to be coming more from the engine rather than the exhaust.

Also, im after the plastic on the front of the headlights on both sides if anyone knows were to get any from cheap, gonna phone round some car breakers tomorrow but thought id ask too.

when i remember the other things that are wrong i'll add them too, but if anyone can help me out with these 2, it would be much appreciated.
thanks danny

P.S. If this is in the wrong section, could someone please move it for me as i am still new sorry.

Last edited:
Hi check the brake/clutch fluid level if it is low this will cause the handbrake light to periodically come on when driving along also check there are no leaks, as for the loud noise check exhaust carefully as they tend to go were the flexy part is at join or the front section/manafold.(y)

hi mate, thanks for the info, i checked the brake fluid and it seems full, do u think there could be a block or anything in the pipe from it? could i check to see if there is a block anywere? thanks again.

Hi, also check the wiring connector/clean under the brake reservoir as this senses the level,also you may need to remove the centre console to gain access to the handbrake as could be a dodgy connector or switch which may need lubricating or replacement, had this on a Ford once lubed the switch problem solved.

hi. i had this problem on my mark 1 all i did was took the caseing off the handbreak and the conector had sliped off so every now n then it was comin on when i went ova a bump n stuff.

When you say plastic on front of headlight do you mean the actual lens or is it a protector covering it?
If it is the 1st they are 1 piece units betta to get replacement units from a breaker however check what bulbs fitments you have as there are different kinds . The protectors can get from E-Bay or if you are flush Fiat!!

Back