General Punto has no performance

Currently reading:
General Punto has no performance

philmoore

can anybody help my punto has lost all performance, i have changed the 02 sensor thinking it could be that cleaned the injectors but the punto still has no give.

it is only a 1.1i but i know that it used to be much qucker and i also get very small hesitation / flatpoint when accelerating in 2nd and 3rd.

can anybody give any indication as to why i would lose power.

Thanks in advance.

i have the same problem,ive changed ht leads,air filter,plugs,disconected lambda (to see if would run any diff) , no diff what so ever ,does this mean its not working?and still no power,ive only got the fuel filter to go and then the ignition coils,its been serviced once
every year as i only do 5000 miles a year
if you do solve the problem please let me no and i will do the same,have a look at this thread i put on yesterday https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/121430-need-little-guidance.html

Last edited:
how do you do that as will try it ,but what would make the ecu need to be reset,a blowing exhaust maybe???

The ECU should be reset when you replace a sensor, just disconnect your battery and leave it over night, then reconnect it and then give it a good drive see how it runs then.. :)

Will reseting the ECU effect the performance as i didnt reset wheni change the lamda sensor.

Thanks

if it was off for a while, chances are it reset. Unplug it overnite to be sure.

The ECUs 'learn' the best way to run the engine, so when a sensor starts giving false readings, the ECU adjusts its standard settings to try compensate. When you reset the ECU, it goes back to the original settings and re-learns.

Back