General Punto GT

Currently reading:
General Punto GT

Tabblink182

Civic type-r Driver
As my cinq has been giving me greif and the fact that its too small, ive decided to save for a new car.

i Have a GT set in mind :yum: and it works out well as my years no claims roll in and me turning the grand age of 19 in march, which means the insurance is exactly the same as the cinq was last year :D

Just a few questions tho, i know the mk1 had three different engine versions, all with slightly different power putputs. but im not clear on whats better and whats worse. Ive also heard that they like to blow there head gaskets/ heads ! is this a well known problem ???

any particular thing to look out for on a GT when buying one ??

Another strange thing ive heard is engine idle before you turn it off ? (no ive never owned a tub before :eek:) whats all that about ?

and i never thought it would be hard to find a reasonably low milage unmolestered one... there no where to be seen.

thanks in advance

Tab

Cinq sporting, 18 yeras old, no no claims TPFT, direct line - £1200

Punto GT, 19 years old, 1 year no claims, TPFT, highways - £1300

:D no, i dont understand it either

Last edited:
Completelt standard GT are rare a foook only ever seen 3. Thereis one near me and the bloke is 50 odd and owned it since new. Dosent want rid of it though:(

there was an older bloke in the sheffield dealership looking to part-ex his gt for a 500, it looked like a really tidy example as well apart from the exhaust being unnecessarily big.

sheffeild way too far, and i wont have the money untill april. but i suppose there are some clean ones out there.

i dont mind a tastfully modified one, but nott too much. and abrath kit and a nice set of wheels will do me fine =]

Back