Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto GT

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto GT

Little harsh there comments like that are sure to win you no friends.

Also if being a boring B**tard is selecting mods on how they will compliment one another in order to give a completey finished article instead of just chucking various different styles of stuff onto a car each judged on how they look on their own, then yeah myself and the majority of other people on this site are boring B**tards.

But can you honestly answer this?
Granted you mod a car for your own personal taste and others opinion shouldn't matter, but if you have those wheels with that kit on a GT and you drive it down the road do you think people will look and say hey thats a tastfully modded GT or will they look and snigger?:)

"Other than that, not too badly ruined. Would be able to sell it for loads more if you'd left it alone though."

Think it was this post that was harsh to be honest.

Especially considering the amount of money and effort thats clearly gone into his pride and joy i think he showed quite a lot of restraint actualy. Constructive critisism is one thing but that was just taking the ****.

And just because the car is highly modified hes obviously just 'chucking various different styles of stuff onto a car' thats downright disrespectful IMO.

Because its not to your taste, it means theres absolutly no thought gone into the modifications and what the final result will be. ARE YOU A COMPLETE TOOL? Do you honestly think people would spend that sort of money without thinking about the overall look.

People modify cars for differant reasons.

*Some do it to look 'bad boy n ting innit'
*Some do it as a hobby. Using their skills and learning along the way. Knowing they' ve created something which is completely their own.
*Some people like to know there driving about in something unique, knowing nobody will have a car which is identical to there own.
*Some do it to stand out from the crowd.

To put somebody into one catagory just because their car is modified and thats how you stereo type them is wrong IMO.

Honest question.
When you drive down the street do people look at you and say 'look at the alloy wheels its suddently a fantastic looking car a completely finished article' or dot they look and think 'look at that guy thinks hes got a tasty car just because it has some alloys snigger snigger snigger' :)

Rant Over, Peace out and Gud n8!!

Looks ok athough the headlights arent to my taste, never been a fan of those lights cos i think it makes the car look "bog-eyed" but thats just my opinion :p

The rear looks fine, so glad you kept the original rear lights :)
and over all the kit isnt over the top so gets my (y) :D

Because its not to your taste, it means theres absolutly no thought gone into the modifications and what the final result will be. ARE YOU A COMPLETE TOOL? Do you honestly think people would spend that sort of money without thinking about the overall look.

Nope the jap style bumpers and Euro style wheels are what means little thought has gone into an overall look. :rolleyes:

Also reffering to people in general as boring bastards is one thing, to straight out call a single person a tool is crossing a line.

Honest question.
When you drive down the street do people look at you and say 'look at the alloy wheels its suddently a fantastic looking car a completely finished article' or dot they look and think 'look at that guy thinks hes got a tasty car just because it has some alloys snigger snigger snigger' :)

Rant Over, Peace out and Gud n8!!

Nope people proberly don't notice my car much and if they did would proberly wonder what it is or they would notice that there is a lot more than a set of alloys going on there, but due to the fact that everything I have done has been to complement each other they proberly don't notice it all. ;)

Anybody can wear a Hawaiian shirt not everyone can dress. :cool:

I love the colour :yum:

The mods arent really to my taste but only because I'm very much one for keep it looking subtle and have yourself a proper wolf in sheep's clothing :devil: .... but the finish does appear to be pretty damn good :)

All in all you seem to be dead chuffed with it which at the end of the day is what really matters mate.

Good luck with the future plans mate (y)

lmao, this is why i don't normally put pics up on this site, cus your a bunch of boring b##tards.

who cares what i'll be able to sell it for. its not for sale anyway and stock lights are crap.

People are entitled to there own opinion, its a forum, its not being boring its having taste, take a look at my old GT for example...

GT1.jpg

...subtle and goes like stink ;)

Last edited:
Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh. But that's what I'd think if i saw it go past.

I'd personally reserve such modifications for a Punto S or SX. The GT seems too nice/rare IMO to do that to. Im not a "complete tool", just voicing my opinion.

Theres always going to be someone who doesnt like another persons idea of style or whatever, so no point in calling people boring bastards if they don't like your car.

He called you boring b##tards, hardly shagg1ng youre mother now is it?

C'mon gimme a big hug and rub away those tears. :)

Before commenting on other peoples choice of words you should look at your own Though. Take another look, bit harsh werent you?

Id love to know who made you the gaffer on what looks good and what doesnt. You are of course allowed to give youre opinion but to talk down to someone like you have and state youre opinion as though it is facts, then to 'snigger' at there opinion...i think 'TOOL' was quite polite TBH.

ooooo i cant ya feel the love on this board :hug:

People are entitled to there own opinion, its a forum, its not being boring its having taste, take a look at my old GT for example...

GT1.jpg

...subtle and goes like stink ;)

I like this, buts it abit too, stock and bland :eek:
maybe if it had some nice 16s in that colour would be better :yum:

He called you boring b##tards, hardly shagg1ng youre mother now is it?

C'mon gimme a big hug and rub away those tears. :)
:confused:

Before commenting on other peoples choice of words you should look at your own Though. Take another look, bit harsh werent you?
If you can quote me being harsh then do it.

Id love to know who made you the gaffer on what looks good and what doesnt. You are of course allowed to give youre opinion
Two sentences one contradiction nice work. ;)

but to talk down to someone like you have and state youre opinion as though it is facts, then to 'snigger' at there opinion...i think 'TOOL' was quite polite TBH.

ooooo i cant ya feel the love on this board :hug:

When people talk with respect they receive respect.
Personaly all I think you are doing is trying to start an internet row.
If your going to insist on being childish add me to msn and do it there. :rolleyes:

Otherwise leave thread on topic!

Seems like i was wrong when i blanket called you boring, theres a few people who know what they're on about on here. thanks for the comments, and yes i was holding back when someone was blatently ripping it out of my car which i have put a bit of work into.

glad a few of you like it:)

Seems like i was wrong when i blanket called you boring, theres a few people who know what they're on about on here. thanks for the comments, and yes i was holding back when someone was blatently ripping it out of my car which i have put a bit of work into.

glad a few of you like it:)

sorry but you post it and you get opinions.perhaps not all worded well but if you want gushing praise regardless then its not going to happen.
its not boring just because someone doesnt like your car,either learn to deal with criticism or dont post pics

Last edited:
Sorry petal.
He just seemed to touch a nerve when he called you a boring b**tard. Guilty conscience?

Id love to know who made you the gaffer on what looks good and what doesnt. You are of course allowed to give youre opinion but to talk down to someone like you have and state youre opinion as though it is facts, then to 'snigger' at there opinion...i think 'TOOL' was quite polite TBH.

See makes perfect sense, when you put those loooooong sentances together to create a paragraph. Funny i dont see any contradiction :) You'd make a good journalist though i'll give you that, very selective.

"But can you honestly answer this?
Granted you mod a car for your own personal taste and others opinion shouldn't matter, but if you have those wheels with that kit on a GT and you drive it down the road do you think people will look and say hey thats a tastfully modded GT or will they look and snigger?"

You still not see where im coming from :confused:

Childish internet row?? I cant be arsed nor do i have the time. I stated a point, now were having a healthy debate.

C'mon cheer up:) youve gota get something done about that sand in youre ****** ;) :devil:

Sorry petal.
He just seemed to touch a nerve when he called you a boring b**tard. Guilty conscience?
Why? :confused:

See makes perfect sense, when you put those loooooong sentances together to create a paragraph. Funny i dont see any contradiction :) You'd make a good journalist though i'll give you that, very selective.
So accusing me of trying to be the gaffer for expressing my opinion. Then telling me I have a right to my opinion isn't a contradiction?

Childish internet row?? I cant be arsed nor do i have the time. I stated a point, now were having a healthy debate.

C'mon cheer up:) youve gota get something done about that sand in youre ****** ;) :devil:

Yeah a real healthy debate. :rolleyes:
Healthy debate is the discussing of differering views and opinions.
Not your a tool and you have sand in your ****** and you grammer is bad.

I could maybe accept that you would feel hurt by the comments made if it was your car. But it's not so I can only assume you are trolling because you enjoy it.

Marshall who is the owner of this car has seen and replied to all posts. He seems to accepted the criticism in the manner that criticism like that should be accepted. That being like water off a ducks back.

Pez you are trolling nothing more nothing less.

I said presenting youre opinion as though it was fact was wrong, but of course giving youre opinion is fine. How is that a contradiction:confused:

But moving on....

I am honestly not 'trolling', i have recieved much needed help and information through this site, and enjoy browsing the site from time to time, I just saw some very harsh un needed remarks made (as i said it wasnt constructive critisism it was taking the ****) and felt the need to comment, thats just me. I apologise that the thread has turned into the farce that it has but it was a JOINT effort.

I just hate the way people who have a more highly modified car are always stereo typed to be people who have read a few max powers and think they can create a good car by sticking a various aray of bits together and hoping it works. It is NOTHING like that (well maybe for a select few) a lot of thought, time, money and effort goes into creating a modified car and its never going to be to everybody's taste, i can understand that, but to blatantly take the **** is just not right IMO.

A lot of people on this board just seem so clouded by their own opinion that they present it as though its fact and just dismiss the other persons opinion as though they are some stupid chav who just reads a few mod mags and doesn't have a clue.

Dont tar everybody with same brush. As you quite rightly said, show respect and you will recieve respect. :)

I don't believe i recevied the promised pictures of this :mad: :p

I love the colour, The lights look quite good even though i'm not a morette fan (especially when certain bonnets don't fit over them :p ) and the kit looks great imo, certainly a hell of alot nicer than the combat and storm kits (y) I would get a nice single upswept (not DTM) letterbox out the back, as it will follow the line of the back bumper nicely.

Overall its nice, I'd rather see a GT still on the road modified like that than have it not doing much or in a scrapyard broken for parts like alot seem to be. Have you bought the Ronal's for it yet? As i think shadow-chrome would suit that car alot...

Jordan

Car is looking good alot better in this colour than the black.

But .........

Have to agree with other the TH Line's will not suit your car and will be a waste of over £1000 (with out tyres depending on size etc). Spend that on a Seb chip etc or get started on the interior. (y)

Back