Styling Punto Gt wheels!!

Currently reading:
Styling Punto Gt wheels!!

Can't say i'm an expert on this but had PGT wheels on my old sei. I ran it with 15mm hubcentrics all round which i admit is not correct on the back but the wheels looked better spaced a bit more and they were perfectly in the arches all above board and legal, and no scrubbage even at high cornering speeds with people in the car (wasn't lowered, and ran continental 185's).

Also the spacers i bought came as fiat hubcentrics (with holes for the locating screw on the hub) and with bolts to fit.. Will try find out where they came from, seem to remember thinking they were cheap enough at the time.

edit: from here they were http://www.performancefx.net/wshome.htm (£30.80 for 2 hubcentric spacers including lonfer bolts)

hope this helps

Last edited:
cheers for that. i had a quick look on that link. they have good prices!
well i plan to get the wheels re-balanced and have the weights put on the rim where they should be... hopefully that wont cost too much... my best mate works at a bmw garage :)

finally a decent pic for you ming. gave the little one a quick wash and snapped some pics. shows the newly removed bumpstrips aswell :D

DCFC0004-1.jpg

finally a decent pic for you ming. gave the little one a quick wash and snapped some pics. shows the newly removed bumpstrips aswell :D

DCFC0004-1.jpg

Looks good :)
Now all you need is a rear abarth bumper, skirts and a splitter for the front (y)

How does she feel to drive with them on? - what's the body roll like?

Looks good :)
Now all you need is a rear abarth bumper, skirts and a splitter for the front (y)

How does she feel to drive with them on? - what's the body roll like?

cheers :) feels pretty much the same to drive on really, but safer, as the tyres are grippier. acceleration doesnt seem to have been affected. the overall diammeter of the wheels is the smae as the stock ones... body roll is as bad as ever, with being standard spring/shocks. but same ride height as stock...

hmm im actually not a fan of the sporting front bumpers... are they the same as the abarth? i may get a lip spoiler for the front, but as a minimum ive got planned:

- remove plastic grille, and replace with metal grille, this will help cooling, as only the rad side is open...
- colour code the black bumpstrips to white, possibly smooth them in.
- full bumper respray, as the paint is in a pretty bad state...

i maybe consider skirts at some point... i want the exterior as white as possible, apart from my lights on the rear which are smoked, and the stripe. need clear side repeaters, and im gonna paint the door handles aswell, to match the lack of bump strips.

i quite like the rear bumper, but i will colour code and possibly smooth the bumpstrip, so respray... and then a centre exit zorst.
reason for no sporting rear, is that there is an exhaust cut out to the side... and i kinda like the sx bumper :D

cheers for all the comments guys :slayer: anything else welcome :cool:(y)
cheers

also, as i plan on changing the front grille, i may change for a double lined front number plate, maybe to one side, or just centre, just to be a bit different than having a 1 line plate... hmm... opinions??

cheers

Yeah it's the same as the sporting bumper, but comes down a wee bit lower.
If you want center exit it can still be done - just fibreglass up the hole where the exhaust usually comes out?

As for the double line plates - quite like the idea, but always been a little unsure on the legalities side of things... perhaps someone can clarify this?

hadnt really thought of legalities tbh. most alfas have 2 line plates on the front, so i didnt really consider it... true about the sporting bumper... ill have a search for some pics, and see what i think. will mix it up quite nicely though, having sporting rear bumper, no bumpstrips, like an s, and an sx front bumper :p

Last edited:
These babies should be arriving any day soon, not too sure which way around i prefer them though, saw them on a cinq with the rotor facing the other way and it looked really good.

correct, one of those things thats always annoyed me with alloys like these, they always look better on one side, they should make 2 different ones so you can have them either way round depending on which side you put them on so your car looks same from both sides. It'll never happen though :(

Last edited:
I agree blue, it's the same with the sei sporting wheels. Should've made 2 sets.

GT wheels are 14" and anthracite right? my bro told me I should deffo get some, would match the car really well. They do look good mind.

As far as I'm concerned the offset is the same as the sei sportings. ET35 and PCD98 I haven't read all this thread so apologies for posting the same thing heh.

Luke.

had some on my old sei, they do need spacers and they do look good. They are essentialy just punto saporting wheels that have been painted anthracite. ;)

New_Wheels_1_.jpg

Made it look as though it was on stilts mind, never got round to suspension before the dreaded writing off of the car.

Last edited:
Back