Technical punto GT Carbon head gasket

Currently reading:
Technical punto GT Carbon head gasket

memzy

I just brought a punto GT for a engine conversion the engine is in my garage and i have no idea if i should change the head gasket to a carbon head gasket because i heard the carbon gasket is more life efficient than the standard gasket and also there is no signs of head gasket problems in the engine
Any clues?

also where can i sent the head to recondition it ?

Look on Punto Power

Unless you plan to seriously increase the power, I would leave the existing head gasket and only change it if/when problems arise. Why fix what isnt broken.

as said above the standard gasket holds up,most common thing is for the head to crack,my gt ran fine for 1yr+ on a standard gasket but then the gt25r killed it off so went with apr studs and a payen gasket,if you choose to run standard set up then the standard hg will be fine.ad(y)

wait till you get a sign of a leak agreed

If you do happen to change it
Dont skimp out
Change the Water Pump
And the cambelt as they both will have to come off when it comes to a HG

Send the head for a skim and possibly a rebuild at a engine restoration place

So that the engine will be good to go

While heads off - do the plug - less chance of threading them too!!

and service it as well!

Ziggy

I just brought a punto GT for a engine conversion the engine is in my garage and i have no idea if i should change the head gasket to a carbon head gasket because i heard the carbon gasket is more life efficient than the standard gasket and also there is no signs of head gasket problems in the engine
Any clues?

if the engine has been stood for a fair while then headgaskets can degrade,just like oil seals that shrink
however if engine was recently running with no issues then as already said apart from possibly giving it a new belt and tensioners and a water pump (quality though not chinese rip off copies)
and making sure clutch is totaly serviceable including thrust bearing and hoses show no sign of deteriation
i would just wang it in

obviously give it an oil and filter though as you wont know its history:D

see simples:bang::bang::):);)

Thanks a lot guys I think I have a clue what to do this forum is epic :D

Back