I want a simple answer if possible :)

What do i need to fit Punto GT Mk1 front brakes to an Uno, is it just:
Calipers
Discs
Pads

Job done?

Somebody please help :worship: :)

Not that easy

Check the rotor offset. I believe Unos are 46mm while Puntos are 40mm. This means the Punto disc wont fit the Uno. You need to find the same size disc with the right offset then it will all go on. You'll need longer brake hoses too

Not that easy

Check the rotor offset. I believe Unos are 46mm while Puntos are 40mm. This means the Punto disc wont fit the Uno. You need to find the same size disc with the right offset then it will all go on. You'll need longer brake hoses too

by this you mean the discs need to be spaced out?
Also surely the brake hoses would be fine as they mount to the same place as the unos :confused:

by this you mean the discs need to be spaced out?
Also surely the brake hoses would be fine as they mount to the same place as the unos :confused:

I upgraded my Tipo brakes from stock 240mm to Punto GT 257mm. The extra rotor radius puts the calipers out just that little bit extra. The OE hoses in this situation did fit but they were very stretched to fit nicely. the correct hoses were cheap and a little longer. Uno rotors are only 227mm so it will be worse.

NO!! :mad:
You are totally wrong (n)
Just spent the day trying to get them to fit, from the hub to the caliper there is a 6mm gap, the holes line up but like i have said once the disc is on and you put the caliper around it, the mounting point from the back of the caliper to the hub is 6mm :mad:

Maybe you have totally boged yours and put washers or some crap to fill the gap! :mad:

I'm fairly sure that the Turbo hubs are slightly different to all the other Uno models. The brake calipers were different on them and the discs were vented. As mentioned for a bolt on swap you probably need to upgrade to turbo hubs.

And don't forget that both AntsUno2 and Oldskoolmk1Unoturbo have carried out this conversion so they know it will fit to the turbo models.

I dont remember having any probs fitting them, i did a cross ref on eper and all the uno's inc lesser ranges and the diesel had the same part number DA15 front pillar (hub) so looks like there the same, maybe there is a little washer spacer that sits in between carrier to hub, your explanation was vague? did you take any pics of your hard days work so we can see, the hf turbo 257mm that i will be fitting soon, have washer spacers on the bolts that secure the carrier to the hub, as they are lay on the garage floor and i just checked Ant!

sorry i was annoyed earlier :eek:
I did try them on a turbo hub to but to no avail, i cant really expand on what i said to be honest, just that from the caliper mounting point to the hub there was a 6mm gap, i didnt want to use washers as its not really "proper" these are Punto 1997 GT calipers, i cant imagine how mine and yours are so different :confused:

I think there are 3 versions of the punto gt, not sure? and if they wear different calipers? as i said i got everything with my brakes, inc bolts and dont remember having any probs, but i did go and take a pic of the hf 257mm brakes for ya, and there is a spacer type thick washer that looks about 5-6 mil that will fit between carrier and hub, so maybe you need them, they will only cost pence for gen items, always take some pics and you can use them for referance,( and it livens up the site, and we love it! ) PLEASE!! i'l have a poke and see if i can get you a part number for said item!! "ANTSUNO2" oh heres some pics he he!!

Attachments

• antsuno 001.jpg
    antsuno 001.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • antsuno 004.jpg
    antsuno 004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • antsuno 005.jpg
    antsuno 005.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Well is would seem my memory was correct! I suggested there was a 6mm difference in the rotor offset which seems to be true. The calipers will bolt on but there is no 257mm disc with a 46mm offset. GT is 40mm.

The fix is simple like Ants suggested, you need a 6mm spacer on the calipers' mounts. Not the best way to do it IMO.

BTW, Uno turbo hubs are cast the same. The use a larger bearing than NA so were machined out a little more

Back