Punto Grande stereo problem..

Currently reading:
Punto Grande stereo problem..

wiggleziggle

Hey guys, it seems I'm spending more and more time here, I wish I knew how to solve these things myself! Alas, I don't and so I'm coming here.

A few weeks back my stereo displayed the "CANCHECK" error message, after some quick googling, I tried the "open and close your boot for ultimate success" trick, and it seemed to fix the problem, and off I went on my merry way. Unfortunately I started my car this morning, and my stereo no longer turns on. I know what you're thinking, "could be a fuse" or something equally simple and easily explainable.. well here's where it gets tricky.
My stereo turns on before I start the engine. My stereo turns on when I've half turned the key (dash lights come on etc) but once I start my engine, it turns itself off. if I press Menu/Audio or any of the arrow keys on the circular button, the stereo turns itself off for a second, and then back on.

Uhm it's a 57 plate punto grande active, nothings been modified it's all standard stuff from when I got the car.

Anyone got any idea as to what's going down with it? As I'm honestly at a loss here and am beginning to think my Punto is cursed.

Thanks in advance folks!

Back