Technical punto gearbox problem

Currently reading:
Technical punto gearbox problem

gio41uk

my daughter is having probs with her gearbox, when trying to put it into reverse it wont go, then after a minute or 2 messsing about u get it.

rest of the gears are ok 1 to 5,its only reverse thats got a problem.

its a fiat punto 54 plate. If theres anyone with any ideas of whats causing it.

thanks
gio

not sure about the 54 plates ill go on what i knoe from my 2001,

the first and reverse gears work off the same gear linkage and theres a ringged rubber surrong on the linkage where it attaches to the gear box, when i found 5th to become sticky i slid this rubber cover back a wee bit and sprayed it with some wd40 and it seems to have done the trick

not sure about the 54 plates ill go on what i knoe from my 2001,

the first and reverse gears work off the same gear linkage and theres a ringged rubber surrong on the linkage where it attaches to the gear box, when i found 5th to become sticky i slid this rubber cover back a wee bit and sprayed it with some wd40 and it seems to have done the trick

Yeah, lube it good.

I recently had problems with my selector cable snapping.

At first I thought that the gear stick fell out of its socket, so I undid the cover to see the mechanism, it was lubed with something whiteish in colour (grease I suppose), but it didnt look like it would give me smooth selection.

I left it as it was anyway as the problem with my punto was the selector cable.

I've always thought my gears dont go in so smoothly.

Maybe you could put some extra grease on it.

thanks guys. I'llneed to get a manual to find out where the cable is but thanks anyway.
gio

Back