Punto facia plate

Currently reading:
Punto facia plate

I noticed the other day Fiat dealers have started stocking punto facia plates again (so you can fit standard DIN size head units),strangely these were unavailable for a while however I believe the reason has been that the new facias have been updated with stronger metal retaining clips and the DIN size cut out is slightly larger.This has the benefit off making the head unit harder to steal as with the old type (and aftermarket types) all you had to do was pull off the facia plate and the head unit came with it,however with the new type the head unit is retained and you still need the head units extractor pins to remove the head unit.
Part number is the same (I think?) and i'm unsure of the price but will find out.A few people have PM'd me on these facias recently but I cleaned out my inbox/outbox recently so lost your names so I hope this post will be of help.

how much are the fiat ones? i have to keep reccommeding these to customers as like you say autoleads ones are patetic...

Well I have a friends who works in a parts department at Fiat in Warwick, so I only paid £13 for mine. I can ask him if he is willing to do the same discount if anyone else wanted one. :)

I had and autoleads one in the 8v, which was a pants fit, put it in the Sporting and it fits OK, bit loose, but it seems to fit.

if there is a group but then I would be interested

£13 seems bit dear as i'm sure old ones were only about £7-8 odd...i'll find out when I get back to work............which wont be until the new year :woot:

For which mark of Punto? This one was brand new for a Mk2.

The autoleads ones are going for around £14 in Halfords. Oxcid3 or Corsa Owner could confirm this?

But if you get them cheaper then bonus! (y) :D

Yep definately £7 odd but....this was when fitting a new head unit supplied by parts department so maybe they put it out at cost in this case just so they get the sell on the head unit?

Firstly let me tell you - Multiquote is sexeh!

I'll look into this aswell,bravo ones are worse than the punto facias & thats saying something! Accelerate hard & the head unit falls out with facia onto the gear lever :rolleyes:

That's the main reason I'm holding off letting Bunny upgrade her radio - I've heard nothing but bad words about the fit and colour match of most of the Bravo kits.

I imagine you must be able to get the original Fiat ones from a dealer, or try eBay?:)

Ebay is flooded with Autoleads ones - Just as bad as the halfords ones but with the added extra of having 50% chance of being ripped off, and another 50% chance of Royal Mail mauling it.

Back