General punto/exhaust questions

Currently reading:
General punto/exhaust questions

hello all, i havent made a post in a while coz iv been getting my (2000 mk2 punto 1.2 8v) completely sorted of problems e.g new oil sump and cambelt. Its now finally running well but just got a few things for your consideration.

1. Its very minor im sure its nothing but if i sit in my car at iddle i can hear the faintest of whirring noises (i mean its so quiet you wouldnt noticed unless u realy stopped and listened) i found that when i put the clutch in it goes away but is hardly noticeable, sure its nothing.

2.just want some opinions on this exhaust as mine has got a crack in it the size of a snake. oh n ye i know supersprint are the best but wouldnt we all like to have the money to own 1. thanks for the time tho.(y)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Punto-2-...7736016QQihZ003QQcategoryZ73078QQcmdZViewItem

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
1. is just the gearbox driveshaft turning when you relese the clutch. nothing to worry about

2. don't know about these exhausts but if its made to fit the car it will be ok, though you might loose some bottom end power. is it a stainless exhaust? (can't read german)

Last edited:
Back