General punto exhast

Currently reading:
General punto exhast

luigicomparini

ok, i have a N reg fiat punto, 55 sx.
And bassicly the front two sections of the exhast are wrecked. :mad:
Im going to have to get them replaced, however if i can avoid buying a cat, it would be much easier on the wallet.
If i dont buy a cat, will i fail the emmisions test/mot?
Cheers :)

Cars made after 1992 legally have to have a CAT to pass MOT, never mind emissions.

I know direct from FIAT, a cat is very expensive, try here:
http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/The...0BayQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ204837252QQsofpZ0

Nowhere near as much as a brand new unit from Fiat (y)

**** SON, thats cheap:eek::eek::eek:

ie, so cheap you could ALMOST make money by buying em and selling as scrap!!!!!

but yeah, you might get away without a cat for MOT because of your small engine size and efficiency, as long as its in good nick.
But at that price, i would just buy one.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but how do these boy racers who de-CAT their car's get away with that:confused:

Simple, wink wink nudge nudge MOT. Every town/city/place on earth has a garage willing to give dodgy MOTs.

Or they can just bolt on, bolt off. Most car's it's that simple! I even considered a de cat pipe my self (but not for boy racer de cat kudos), before dave gave me that link to ebay, it was £412 for a new fiat cat, or £30 for a de cat pipe...

**** SON, thats cheap:eek::eek::eek:

ie, so cheap you could ALMOST make money by buying em and selling as scrap!!!!!

but yeah, you might get away without a cat for MOT because of your small engine size and efficiency, as long as its in good nick.
But at that price, i would just buy one.

lol the after market cats don't have same amount of precious metals as an OEM cat, so you cant get £30 scrap for them,

Cheers everyone :)
Ok looks like im buying a CAT and a front down pipe. is it worth replacing the rear section aswell just cos its so much hastle to get them apart?

Back