Technical Punto Evo warning lights help

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Evo warning lights help

bonob0

Hi All new to the forums and need some input

Been having some issues with my punto evo (2011 1.4)

I have been getting 'Christmas' lights on my dash warning me of everything going wrong

The issues:
Red steering wheel light and Amber warning triangle circled by a arrow light come up.
Followed by 'ASR Unavailable, 'Hill Holder Unavailable', 'ESP Not Working' and have power steering checked

This only happens on start up

Turning the steering wheel turns off the red power steering wheel light.

Procedure to temporarily 'fix' the problem is this:
- Key in and turn on ignition.
- See the warning lights.
- Start the car.
- Turn the wheel any direction
- Watch the steering wheel symbol go away.
- Turn off the car.

- Start the car.
- All the lights and warnings have gone (same thing happens everytime i use ther car)

The Power steering is fine there are no codes in the power steering system for a fault and the steering never goes heavy

i get the Code C0051-86 - Steering angle sensor invalid In the ABS section while scanning (wont let me calibrate it due to fault codes)

i am assuming this is the steering angle sensor thats in the stalks (indicator/wiper section) is the issue.
and not the torque sensor lower down in the colum (as i assume my code reader would be saying torque and not angle)

What would you recommend?

Thanks in advance,scott

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 342576312_6137391123048859_2563330457450008320_n.mp4
    3.3 MB
The Power steering is fine there are no codes in the power steering system

i get the Code C0051-86 - Steering angle sensor invalid
Steering angle sensor is all part and parcel of the torque sensor.
The fault reads as follows

“The fault is detected or is in the condition where the Steering Wheel Position Sensor has a fault and the EPS (Electric Power Steering) Module didn’t perform the neutral position self-learning of the Steering Wheel Position Sensor, or in the condition where the EPS (Electric Power Steering) Module detects a malfunction that lasts at least 5 seconds.”

you could try just changing the sensor, which requires a huge amount of work and you could find the fault is else where like the steering ecu or you could just get a whole new steering module which is less work, and replaces the whole thing

Steering angle sensor is all part and parcel of the torque sensor.
The fault reads as follows

“The fault is detected or is in the condition where the Steering Wheel Position Sensor has a fault and the EPS (Electric Power Steering) Module didn’t perform the neutral position self-learning of the Steering Wheel Position Sensor, or in the condition where the EPS (Electric Power Steering) Module detects a malfunction that lasts at least 5 seconds.”

you could try just changing the sensor, which requires a huge amount of work and you could find the fault is else where like the steering ecu or you could just get a whole new steering module which is less work, and replaces the whole thing
any recomendations on where i could find this please.

Back