7726738510_e1db10860c_z.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto Dynamic Multijet 1.3

Introduction

Havn't posted pics of this up in full before so here it is.
i hasten to point out it's completely standard, not a single modification unless you count the non-genuine rear bumper that the repair company is currently trying to fob me off with.
Reactions: sutera1996
Started the rust treatment today, this stuff goes a long way the convertor did the whole back end of the car with one can and the dinitrol has gone a very long way too

Looks messy but I'm informed there is a top coat that's black and really tidies the whole thing up which I will apply when I've done the whole bottom of the car

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1409146184.853649.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1409146221.677287.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1409146269.645990.jpg

Last edited:
Started the rust treatment today, this stuff goes a long way the convertor did the whole back end of the car with one can and the dinitrol has gone a very long way too

Looks messy but I'm informed there is a top coat that's black and really tidies the whole thing up which I will apply when I've done the whole bottom of the car

View attachment 142768

View attachment 142769

View attachment 142770

Looks good, did mine the other week -- feel somewhat more protected with it :D

I thought the same after I applied the rust treatment - the top coat of black sorted it :)

+1 on how long they last too, although I used different,

Out of curiosity, what was it like applying it near/on the sills?

it always looks bad to start with - untill you get a few coats on when undersealing

Mine looked bad at first, but looked good once done

ziggy

This isn't 'underseal' so I won't be putting several coats on,

It's a very light and liquid cavity wax which finds it's way into all the cracks and crevices once the whole bottom of the car is covered they sell a number of different products depending on what sort of finish you want

They do a black undersealed to tidy it up or they do a tougher black stone chip finish which can then be over painted in body colour which may be the way I go in some places

It's a shame no one seems to sell bedliner paint in the uk for reasonable prices because that would be a great way to protect the underside of any car especially the wheel arches

My multijet wouldn't start Sunday morning when heading out to work at 6am in freezing conditions, I think cold had somehow damaged the battery because it suddenly would hold a charge (10volts max) anyway after a few days driving the grande I treated the multijet to a new battery 50Ah 450ccA and a bargain at £43 is now a happy little punto again

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1412712808.992642.jpg

Just and update all errors disappeared after calibrating the steering with multiEcuScan I half wonder if all the issues with the old battery screwed up the calibration some how?

In any case turning the wheel one way was a lot harder than turning it the other, this has all been fixed now with calibration

Owner of Punto How To Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/PuntoHowTo

Remodelled my back bumper a couple of weeks back, finally took a picture

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1417024877.259987.jpg

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1417024934.957121.jpg

Doesn't look too bad but seems to have done some damage to the metal work behind it, totally shattered the reflector, which I've already bought a replacement, will probably sort it out after the winter

Remodelled my back bumper a couple of weeks back, finally took a picture

View attachment 146586

View attachment 146587

Doesn't look too bad but seems to have done some damage to the metal work behind it, totally shattered the reflector, which I've already bought a replacement, will probably sort it out after the winter

Yet my bump damaged the bumper much worse then that - and no damage to the metal behind.... weird huh

Ziggy

It's a Class Ohlson special http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Cotech-Car-Polisher/18-3041 exactly the same as what autosmart will try and sell you for £200, (I know because I had one) very good on paint very forgiving and doesn't burn or damage the paint easily but gets fantastic results

Thanks (y)

iwill order one, :)

ibought machine polisher off ebay not long back but it only lasted 10min's fizzled out in a cloud of smoke, so iwill replace it with one of them. :)

Back