General Punto Drivers Seat

Currently reading:
General Punto Drivers Seat

mwilde

I have a Fiat Punto Dynamic - I think its a mk2 - its a 52 Reg - year 2002.

The front driver’s seat is very week. One side of it bends; sometimes the seat notch back a peg on its runners and has a slight rock in it. To be fair the car hasn’t been looked after that well, and I am a big lad about 19 stone – I would have imagined they hold big people though.

I took it to the garage and he just pulled at it and the back just bent back, however 2 minutes down the road it bent back again. I have had the seat stripped down and welded but its still not right. Its not majorly bent but I don’t feel safe driving the car.

I rang my local fiat dealership and they want £471 to fit a new seat. I think the car is only worth about 2K.

So my question is, are all Punto seats not very strong? Would I be worth getting one from a scrap yard, a new one or just leaving it as it is?

Where is the best place to get one from?

Last edited:
i would personally buy one from a scrappy i had this sort of problem with my seats and managed to get sum off sum1 thar rapped their sporting up. they are very easy to take out its just 4 bolts and alot bloody cheaper ;) x

Back