Punto Door Speaker Pods

Currently reading:
Punto Door Speaker Pods

Thats not a good idea. The point of well made pods is to give an air tight seal and solid baffle for the speaker to kick off of. Puting them in the grills is pretty much the worst thing to do.

To make the baffles you need to do cut MDF rings and attach them to the doors and then smooth off with Fibreglass. I did make a drawing of what to do. I will try and dig it out.

Edit:- Found It. Its not as good as i thought but gives you an idea.
Stilo_Door_Build.jpg

If you have any further q's just ask. Personally i prefer to pay somebody else to do it. I can send you on to somebody in essex who's going to be doing mine at a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
Get to a couple of meets with me and ill show you some good sounding installs. And you will see what i mean.

What about the mid bass. There are 4 main frequency ranges in a Car or most music to that matter. Im in a rush as im working so i will do a quick Gist of what should happen.

1st:- High's. These come from the tweeters and should sound as if the singer is on the Bonnet. You should be able to shut your eyes and not be able to pin point their exact location by balancing and time aligning to get an even sound.

Mids:- I like to have these inbetween the tweeters and the Mid bass but many like this on the floor in kick panels. This will give you a dedicated upper mid range to give extra clarity over the frequency ranges that the tweets and the Mid bass speakers strugle with. They will also integrate with both speakers helping to reduce the directional sound that the other produce.

Mid Bass:- Higher frequencies than a Subwoofer say upwards of 50hz but only really efficient from 80hz upwards 20 around 1500hz.
The mid bass imo is the most important part of an install. A good install the mid bass units will be doing most of the work. They integrate the bass from the rear dragging the stage forward. A true Sound Quality you shouldn't be able to tell that the bass is in the boot but thats pretty much impossible for big bass systems but something that is achievable with good installation skills for <135db systems.

Bass:- Well this is obvious. You want it to play less than 80hz. Many people cross them over way to high and they end up doing mid bass duties which is just wrong so wrong.

Last edited:
Back