Technical punto alloy wheels,

Currently reading:
Technical punto alloy wheels,

hey, ive had a quick look on the search menu but couldnt find what i wanted, my friend is offering me his alloy wheels from his classic bravo, they are 16s and come with 205/50/16s, will these be ok for my mk2 sporting?? or will i need 4 new tyres??

Most likel;y too tall - 16s with 50s will affect the drive ratio too much and ultra low profiles will be costly and give a hard ride. The HGT/Sporting uses 195-45-15 or 185-55-15.

You also need to use Google and the Fiat Forum search to make sure the Punto and Bravo offsets are compatible..

Greetings,
I'm using 16" stilo wheels on my punto JTD with 205 45 tyres at the moment. THe front wheels will rub against the inner wheel tubs on full lock and I'm using 15mm spacers on the rear to clear the bolt that holds the top of the shock absorber in. The only trouble with this is that the wheels are pushed so far out that the outer edge of the tyre rubs against the top of the plastic bumper when ever I "corner with vigour" or hit a bump - not good.
I'm going to try 195 45 tyres as soon as possible and maybe 12mm spacers if I can get away with it. You may find you mpg drops as well...
205 50 tyres are too large as has been mentioned - they rub against the top of the front shocks.
You may find you can trade your four 205 50 tyres for something smaller so easing the pain on your cash flow...

Back