General punto abarth ????????

Currently reading:
General punto abarth ????????

that ss kit looks stunning. much better then the standard arbarth, just got to hope that is actually what it looks like

that ss kit looks stunning. much better then the standard arbarth, just got to hope that is actually what it looks like

Tbh I don't think it will look like that when on sale.

The linea kit for the grande is well over two thousand pounds, and what does that include? a set of alloys, a grille and a few splitters.
I don't really think fiat will give you everything on that picture AND 180 bhp for 3k over the asking price. That picture looks too 'concept like' for my liking.

No, this is what it actually looks like...

2797734457.jpg

Link HERE

Si

Really like the Punto Abrath in white!

In the first picture mirrors look a bit "dodgy" but the stripes on the side look proper good!

i'd tap that :D

all of the above photos of the gp abarth are old news they have been on sites and have been posted on several threads on this forum.the 1 that has been mentioned above is a artist impression of what HE thinks the the abarth esseesse will look like.what fiat will do with it is a different case NOT much i think.the standard abarth is upgradeable to ss via braking systems and the power upgrades and suspension settings wheel and tyre upgrades and maybe even racing seats???these are all individual options that a purchaser can acquire its not just a model on its own.the artists impression photos bastardise..the gp.lets be honest on this forum who the hell is going to spend £16-£17,000 on a gp.if they do they are in need of therapy(n)

i would. And if you want full SS spec your looking nearer to 20k actually. Its much better looking than all the other hot hatches on sale atm like the corsa vxr, clio 197 207 gti etc.

bull**** £20k full spec where are you getting your info £16-17k for a abarth ss

i would. And if you want full SS spec your looking nearer to 20k actually. Its much better looking than all the other hot hatches on sale atm like the corsa vxr, clio 197 207 gti etc.

You would spend 17k on a GP?

Be serious mate, I don't think i'd spend 17k on any hatchback. Especially not a 180bhp fiat.

You could have an astra vxr or a focus ST-3 for that much.

Auto Express said that the final SS version is likely to cost 20k with all the extra goodies.

I'll be getting the standard abarth (if) i can afford it next year. The SS would crucify me on insurance.

So what your both saying is that Fiat are not going to sell any GP abarths?

standard abarth £13,700/abarth SS£17,000.you say it cost £20,000.what on earth are fiat going to fit in the SS to justify over £6,000 on the standard abarth tell me yes please you tell me.fiat plan to sell a estimated 5,000 unit europe wide which aint a lot at all.they will realise the price is too high when they cant really shift them,its a buyers market the abarth is in.ie suzuki swift gti,corsa sri,mini cooper.307 gt,new fiesta ST,etc,etc they all offer the same if not more than the gp abarth.just because we are fiat mad. outside of this forum most are NOTno one will spend 17k never mind 20k with a interior like the gp has.the abarths interior is no different from the rest of the gps cheap and built to price

maybe ive got my pricing wrong but i thought the standard abarth was 14500?

Fiesta ST = £14000
Corsa VXR = £15,625
Clio 197 = £16000
207 GTi = £15,500

Its in the same class and price range as these cars. It still undercuts them on price. Granted with the SS pack its going to cost more, but it has not been decided for definate.

What a mess!

The original Grande Punto looks far nicer - uncluttered lines and nicely understated. The Abarth looks like a committee job - everone pulling in different directions.

Ugh - sure as hell wont be buying one of them

(n)

I would have to agree with you on this one. The main aspect of the Abarth that i don't like are those fronts fog lights...who the hell designed them, they just don't look right. Imo, they shouldnt have messed with what is a stunning car to start with, yes lower the suspension, put 18's on it, and a nicer exhaust, but for gods sake do not mess with the main reason anyone ever cnsidered buying the GP in the first place, after all, no one baught a GP for its realiability...the looks are the best thing going for it, and Abarth have ruined then slightly. :mad:

Fiesta ST = £14000
Corsa VXR = £15,625
Clio 197 = £16000
207 GTi = £15,500

Its in the same class and price range as these cars. It still undercuts them on price. Granted with the SS pack its going to cost more, but it has not been decided for definate.

£13,700 it is it wont compete directly with the old st fiesta 150 they can be had for £11k.its main rivals are the 307 gt 150bhp,corsa sri 150 bhp.these are all recent to the market.the abarth isnt competing with the vxr or 197,307GTI.thats where the gp abarth SS comes into play though its very unqualified in this hothatch arena and i suspect it just wont cut it.the others are a quality product and been established and renowned for a good while.the abarth will struggle unless its discounted:confused:

Fiesta ST = £14000
Corsa VXR = £15,625
Clio 197 = £16000
207 GTi = £15,500

The SS is the only GP that will compete with these cars, and that is 17k.

The 155 won't compete as most of those mentioned hatches are 170bhp+

well the corsa sri, 207 GT etc are all about 13500, so its still priced right.

However the SS maybe priced too high like your saying. But it is still by far the best looking of them all.

The new Edge (fiesta) ST will be running the same engine as the clio as the engine is a joint venture so will be priced around the same except handle alot better which is what Ford do best.

well the corsa sri, 207 GT etc are all about 13500, so its still priced right.

However the SS maybe priced too high like your saying. But it is still by far the best looking of them all.

The new Edge (fiesta) ST will be running the same engine as the clio as the engine is a joint venture so will be priced around the same except handle alot better which is what Ford do best.

the abarth SS will look the exact same as the abarth.there will be no difference superficially.lowered further by 10mm,and power upgrade/brakes.as i have said before you can upgrade it to ss status

Back