punto 94 stereo wiring problem

Currently reading:
punto 94 stereo wiring problem

adamward

Hi.

I have a Punto 1994 and the wires for the stereo/radio have been removed from the block so I have individual wires. Can anyone tell me what each wire is for and how to wire them up to a radio.

Thanks

hope this photo helps..

www.bygonebottles.co.uk/wires.jpg

sorry about space under 5 posts so cannot post full URL.

The main wires on the photo are red, red with black stripe, yellow with black stripe, brown and grey

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok there looks like there are far too many wires there lol. Try the red ones to + and ignition on the new loom. Black one to negative. Orange one to Illumination.
Then if that doesnt work try unplugging the red one on the new loom and pluging it into the yellow. Then report back. Try taking a picture in the light, the sensor on your phone will get a much better pic lol.
Sorry i cant be much use, i really havnt played with any head units for a long time. I need to do more and refresh my memory.

Have now tried to wire 2 stereos and 1 one radio straight to the battery + on the car and then grounding it and none of them work.. Have checked the fuse in the CD Players they are fine.. I cannot believe 3 stereos are all broke... But will not work even straight up to the battery... Any suggestions?

Cheers

Back